New from Shreveport, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Hi, my name is Jon, and I found this site while looking for a Class III dealer in this state. Currently working on getting the paperwork for an SPR/M4 from Derek at Big Boy Armament.

What do I own? Firearms wise? Custom P226 357 Elite ST, Benelli M4S90 with a few tweaks, a box-stock G19 with night sights, and soon an AR.

Looking forward to being a member of this online community, thank-you all for having me here.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Welcome aboard!! Alot of great people here mixed with the occasional retard. Great place to get gun info!

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Welcome. You definitely found a great dealer. Derek has handled a few transfers for me, always painless! Enjoy the stay, and be sure to post pics or a review once you get the new toy!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Welcome from a fellow Shreveport resident! Lemme know when ya want to hit Long Range alley and we will go!
    Thank-you all!

I keep hearing about Long Range Alley, but have never seen it. What does it take to become a member, and what are the range-rules like? I enjoy shooting water-jugs and things like that, but usually have been relegated to doing things of that nature on my Dad's property outside the city. Some ranges are okay with it as long as you clean up 100% of your mess and don't shoot objects closer than 100 yards or so, and some go so far as to make you buy their own targets, etc.
    Welcome. You definitely found a great dealer. Derek has handled a few transfers for me, always painless! Enjoy the stay, and be sure to post pics or a review once you get the new toy!
    I do not know Derek, and this is my first dealing with him. So far it has been nothing but positive. It doesn't hurt that it appears that he has a great reputation here, too!

Anyway, I guess since this thread is an intro about myself, it can include things non-firearm related as well. Here is a picture of one of my other hobbies:
    vru9vr.jpg

Also, my last firearm-related build:

Benelli M4
    OEM C-stock
    Surefire M80 rail
    TD Shorty VFG
    Custom Surefire 6P in a QRW mount (550+ Lumens OTF, warm 4,000K tint LED, CREE XM-L LED run at 2.8A)
    Geissele hammer
    Titanium and A2 steel hybrid bolt-handle
    Titanium magazine tube w/custom spring and US made follower
    True 1913 spec rail without the center-relief cut (so I can use LaRue mounts).
    35a3abr.jpg

Here is my last pistol project (other than a box-stock G19 with night-sights that I CCW):

-P226 Elite Stainless in 357SIG
    -Trigger work by GGI in Spray, OR
    -QP/QPQ (similar to Glock's) finish/metal treatment, hence the "black" color on stainless
    -Stainless QPQ guiderod
    -Titanium safety block
    -Aluminum hammer strut support
    -Hogue G10 grips
    -Meprolite sights pulled, Trijicon's installed. I have a preference.
    -SIG Combat takedown lever installed (much tougher. I could tell you the steel used, but it is proprietary info. Nothing "special", but it's tough as shat and they requested I keep to myself).
    -Touched by Torie (no-longer with GGI)
    jl770y.jpg

Now, as you can see from my SPR/M4 purchase, I am working on an M4 project. Pistol, shotgun, rifle. I did it backwards, I know I know.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Loving the z06! Any modifications to it? Car guy here also.
    Thank-you!

-Ventureshield Ultra to most leading surfaces
    -Valentine 1 hardwired into the HUD display
    -Lloyd floor-mats/rear cargo mat
    -30% Pinnacle F1 Ceramic tint

Other than that, 100% stock. It's a fun car as it is, and there will always be something faster, so I just bought something that I could enjoy without voiding the warranty. 7/70 bumper to bumper, 5/100 powertrain. Was a neat experience watching them build it up in Bowling Green. If anyone orders one, it's money VERY WELL! spent. I got to talk to the plant manager (Dave Tatman) for a half hour or so, ask him all the questions I wanted, and everyone there was VERY forthcoming, polite, and thanked me a dozen times over for buying the car they were building. It was a once in a life-time experience and 100% positive. I highly recommend it if you order one. It came in handy, too. One of the carbon-fiber fenders had a VERY small crack in it, discovered while I was prepping the car for the Ventureshield application (I arranged for it to be done by the individual I wanted to do it while still on the showroom floor). Mr. Tatman had given me his cell # during my visit, telling me to let him know if I ever needed anything. Well, I needed a fender. Factory painted. I was NOT going to have a bare fender painted locally. Within a few days a new Arctic White fender was at the dealer. Flawless install. Very pleased!

Last edited:

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Cool stuff. I've had the pleasure of driving one, and don't blame you for leaving it as is. They are loads of fun bone stock, and a warranty sure is nice. Haha

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Welcome to the BS from another living in living in the convection oven of the state.

It's kind-of odd. I work nights, and keep my schedule whether I am working or not. To me, there isn't a heat wave. My apartment stays 70*, as does my place of employ, regardless. At night, things cool off by the time I would go outside, so it's almost like there isn't a heat-wave as far as I have been concerned.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Long Range Alley is a "gun club" with yearly dues or around $285 IIRC and guests are $5 a visit, limit 3 visits/guest. Range rules are very safe but reasonable and non-traditional targets are allowed provided they do not produce shrapnel (class, ceramic etc) and you clean up after yourself. Should we meet, I will bring my packet from LRA and you can see it for yourself. They have a wide variety of shooting areas ranging in length from 120' to 1,000 yards! See their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Long-Range-Alley-Gun-Club/160030114069269?sk=wall

Let me know if ya want to be my guest and we will go one day.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Long Range Alley is a "gun club" with yearly dues or around $285 IIRC and guests are $5 a visit, limit 3 visits/guest. Range rules are very safe but reasonable and non-traditional targets are allowed provided they do not produce shrapnel (class, ceramic etc) and you clean up after yourself. Should we meet, I will bring my packet from LRA and you can see it for yourself. They have a wide variety of shooting areas ranging in length from 120' to 1,000 yards! See their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Long-Range-Alley-Gun-Club/160030114069269?sk=wall

Let me know if ya want to be my guest and we will go one day.

Very nice! Let me get my AR set up, and I would be more than happy to take you up on your offer!

Globallyoff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    Welcome, I shoot at LRA as well. I think they are trying to beef up the rules to access the club some, because non-members have been coming in and using the range and not always following the rules. I know they trained a lot of range safety officers last weekend. Overall it's a great place to shoot. They also have a small gunshop and you can sell things on consignment for 10% back to the shop.

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    Welcome to the Board. Don't forget about Caddo Rifle and Pistol out at Clarks in Princeton. It's not real big, but the folks are great out there and they have some good matches.

Top Bottom