New gas cans and its safety feature

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I hate them more than ISIS. Does anyone know a way to modify them to make them easier to use. Or better yet does anyone know anybody selling the old kind via the dark market, PM me if so?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    So, there is a butteryfly in the nozzle.. if you take the nozzle off, it will be a plastic butterfly.. you can cut it out, twist it for always open or do what you want..
    Be warned, it will vapor off if this is done, but its better than fighting the safety..

You can also find the older style nozzles often and they will fit the new cans..

Hope this helps..

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    I have one of the adapter caps. The threads on grab 1 or 2 deep on the can but it is tight. Makes a huge difference. Bought mine at Ace in Covington.

Although the cans shown above will be ordered very soon.

Bayouhunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Opelousas
    Just recieved a real deal new NATO jerry can last week because I was tired of the crap that's out there now. A little pricey but worth it IMO. I'll be ordering a few more in the near future

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I just leave mine out on the porch. Eventually, it got sticky enough to hold itself open.

This does remind me to go digging through Grandpa's shed. Think he had some old metal cans.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    You can buy replacement spouts (pricey).
    You can swap the spout with pic pipe.
    You can also buy the old style vents, drill a small hole in the rear and snap them in (about $1 each). I put them in all of my cans (about 15).
    Glad I bought a bunch of the last style can when these came out, think I got them for under $5 each back in 08. The spouts are now worth a lot more than that.
    Now for the real deal, go get some blue water containers (6gallon). They still have the old style spouts and are made of the same material but are blue. I know pats hardware in st francisville sells them for under $15 each.

Bayouhunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Opelousas
    See this link for what I am referring to. Spend another dollar and out the old style vent in the back and have a real useable can for cheap.
    http://www.bicwarehouse.com/Hopkins...mV10rlFJfXLLCi7UNK484Yp3CyjMB9z_B4aAhs88P8HAQ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360657081144?redirect=mobile

Did that to some of the ones I have like that for "gas" and it works good. They have to sell them as "water" cans now to get around the CARB compliance rules.

Sad day when you have to talk about pre-ban gas cans!

dothadewman

MURICA!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Tractor Supply used to carry a kit, comes with a spout, a vent cap, and a threaded top for the spout they were like 12 bucks a year ago, i bout 5 sets and drilled small holes in my cans for the vents.

assault

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2012
    feleciana's
    I hate them more than ISIS. Does anyone know a way to modify them to make them easier to use. Or better yet does anyone know anybody selling the old kind via the dark market, PM me if so?

Ebay has older cans. Then drill a 1/2" and pull a valve stem thru hole. Pull core out and put cap on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    Ebay has older cans. Then drill a 1/2" and pull a valve stem thru hole. Pull core out and put cap on

I tried that on one of my cans, it worked but one day the can expanded and I moved it not realizing and when I set it down the valve stem broke due to pressure.
    I just use a siphon with the glass ball now on the crappy cans, empties a 5 gallon can in under a minute!

doug426

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Slidell
    www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/939/48008/LC-LC2-Utility-Jug-with-12"-Filler-Hose?term=fuel%20can%205%20gal

the best. a lil more expensive but you will never go back to the old "new" red style!

assault

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2012
    feleciana's
    I tried that on one of my cans, it worked but one day the can expanded and I moved it not realizing and when I set it down the valve stem broke due to pressure.
    I just use a siphon with the glass ball now on the crappy cans, empties a 5 gallon can in under a minute!

U used a rubber tire valve stem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    I pulled those shitty spouted garbage cans and replaced them with with these:
    31W5Sq1VgsL.jpg

Those things they now sell, infuriate the living **** out of me.
    Had 2 of them outright break to pieces during use, and others profusely leak, otherwise.
    Thanks to a handful of brainless oxygen thieves that couldn't properly handle any kind of flammable substance, in a hermetically sealed container, much less tie their own shoes, and the legal system that they use to aid in breeding said stupidity, we're the ones being punished.
    Just like the whole anti-gun issue, the fuel containers were never the problem.

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    The hardware store near my house used to sell the old school nozzles. I haven't seen them in a while though. The new cans suck a big one no doubt, but the one good thing about them is I have not had a gas can stolen out the back of my truck since they came out. Even lazy ass thiefs are smart enough to know they are junk and leave them alone. That's even when gas was higher than giraffe p***y.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom