New Glock Timney Trigger

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The new Alpha Competition Series of triggers is Timney’s latest overnight success – 75 years in the making.

First in the Alpha Series line-up is a replacement trigger for the Glock Generation 3 and 4 pistols.

With a factory pull weight of 3 pounds, the Timney Alpha Competition trigger answers the long call for a trigger that has the same feel and performance that matches the reliability of the Glock system by providing an improved trigger design that does not sacrifice any part of the Glock reliability.

Keeping up with Timney’s honored commitment to listening to their customers, the trigger can be installed easily with no gunsmith needed.

TIMNEY ALPHA COMPETITION SERIES

FOR GLOCK GEN 3 / 4 SPECS:

Three-pound pull weight
    Crisp trigger break
    Teflon nickel (NP3) - trigger bar and sear (this process virtually eliminates friction, allowing for an extremely smooth feel)
    Straight aluminum trigger with safety blade (anodized)
    Uses all stock Glock parts and springs
    Compatible with stock Glock Pistols.
    During an independent test, the Alpha Competition trigger fired 10,000 rounds with no oiling, no cleaning, and performed flawlessly with ZERO malfunctions.

FITS GEN 3: G17, G17L,
    G19, G22, G24, G23, G34,
    G35, AND GEN 4: G17,
    G19, G22, G23, G34,G35

Gen 5 triggers due 03/01/2021

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If they shoot thousands of rounds in competition with said trigger, would it not be ideal to carry the same thing?

No.

Typically, triggers marketed specifically for Glocks used in competition will compromise some of the safety features. I'm skeptical of a company that claims a 3 lb trigger using factory parts. Since it's NP3 coated, it's no longer factory and they didn't disclose whatever modifications to the trigger bar and connector geometry that they made.

If you can install this trigger in a cutaway Glock and ensure it doesn't compromise the 3 safeties, then rock on.

Edit - The product photo proves that it's not "all stock Glock parts and springs." There is also an added "trigger return spring" that attaches to the trigger pin, which is not a factory part or design.

GlockAlpha-ProductImage-A__02155.1610640718.png

GlockAlpha-ProductImage-C__78528.1610640718.png

Last edited:

GearFondler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    Pearl River, LA
    I see how it works and it's a pretty damn smart idea. And if there's enough pretravel to ensure the firing pin safety is not pre-engaged the other two safeties should also work.
    But I don't see myself putting it on a carry gun... It defeats the KISS principle that is a Glock's strongest feature.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I see how it works and it's a pretty damn smart idea. And if there's enough pretravel to ensure the firing pin safety is not pre-engaged the other two safeties should also work.
    But I don't see myself putting it on a carry gun... It defeats the KISS principle that is a Glock's strongest feature.

I found it very interesting that in all of the videos they talk about *reliability,* but never mention the three safeties. They also don’t really talk much about the trigger housing insert or the added spring on the trigger pin. It seems like their marketing is about the *positive reset,* which already happens with a factory Glock trigger.

GearFondler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    Pearl River, LA
    I found it very interesting that in all of the videos they talk about *reliability,* but never mention the three safeties. They also don’t really talk much about the trigger housing insert or the added spring on the trigger pin. It seems like their marketing is about the *positive reset,* which already happens with a factory Glock trigger.
    At least it isn't designed to fire on the pull and the release!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    A wise man once told me when you purchase a Glock never change any of the internals of the gun. Outside of changing maybe the sights leave it how it comes. We love Glocks because they are reliable. Why mess with that? Not to mention I prefer Glock triggers now since I’ve been shooting them so long hell if I could I might just install Glock triggers in all of my handguns lol.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    A wise man once told me when you purchase a Glock never change any of the internals of the gun. Outside of changing maybe the sights leave it how it comes. We love Glocks because they are reliable. Why mess with that? Not to mention I prefer Glock triggers now since I’ve been shooting them so long hell if I could I might just install Glock triggers in all of my handguns lol.

I have never gotten any negative feedback on any of the 100 plus Glocks I have worked on.
    The problem is usually people that do not know what they are doing.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

There are a few drop in Glock triggers worth using, but there is only so much you can do before you compromise safety features. If someone harps on having a perfect trigger, tell them to buy a custom 2011, not a Glock.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I have never gotten any negative feedback on any of the 100 plus Glocks I have worked on.
    The problem is usually people that do not know what they are doing.

I don’t doubt that I’ve heard some of the aftermarket parts are high quality however it’s just not for me personally. I’d rather not even risk it and invest the money in something more beneficial in my eyes

WhiteHawk

Future Armorer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2020
    Gretna, La
    If they shoot thousands of rounds in competition with said trigger, would it not be ideal to carry the same thing?

i know of 2 people that shot themselves with the sub 3 lbs triggers on glock.
    First story was her husband was only wiping it.

and worked on films with two people that hit themselves with a 1911.

I Jogged in place and a lighter pull felt ok with the travel distance. But I’m curious how it would feel without it.

soo many factors, in accuracy. But we’re all responsible here.
    so practice makes ready.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    i know of 2 people that shot themselves with the sub 3 lbs triggers on glock.
    First story was her husband was only wiping it.

and worked on films with two people that hit themselves with a 1911.

I Jogged in place and a lighter pull felt ok with the travel distance. But I’m curious how it would feel without it.

soo many factors, in accuracy. But we’re all responsible here.
    so practice makes ready.

If they pulled the lighter trigger and shot themselves they probably would have shot themselves with an OEM trigger.
    There are many pistols available with an OEM Trigger Pull Weight lighter than an OEM Glock.
    I would like to see the trigger pull weights on the Glocks that were supposed to have a trigger pull of less than 3# which would be very rare.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    For anyone unfamiliar, this trigger essentially redesigns the Glock trigger system to work like an M&P.

The striker is preloaded and rests on the sear.

WhiteHawk

Future Armorer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2020
    Gretna, La
    One guard ad’d and put out a false report, he was passing time buy upholstering and reholstering repeatedly, in and out, and the wound being straight down got him caught. But only after units mobilized looking for the *suspects*.
    If they pulled the lighter trigger and shot themselves they probably would have shot themselves with an OEM trigger.
    There are many pistols available with an OEM Trigger Pull Weight lighter than an OEM Glock.
    I would like to see the trigger pull weights on the Glocks that were supposed to have a trigger pull of less than 3# which would be very rare.

WhiteHawk

Future Armorer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I agree with you. Cannot Fault A gun for negligence.
    One guard ad’d and put out a false report, he was passing time buy upholstering and reholstering repeatedly, in and out, and the wound being straight down got him caught. But only after units mobilized looking for the *suspects*.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom