New Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psychic Bacon

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 17, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    So I've been thinking for a while that I wanted to get a new gun, and I think I've finally settled on one.

I was thinking about a 1911 of some sort, but I want to hold off on that for a while.

I'm gonna get a Smith & Wesson 500.

I'm having trouble deciding on barrel length though. I like the Look and relative concealability of the 4", but I would kinda rather the accuracy of the 8".

Anyone have any experience with either?

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Not having an answer to your question has never proven enough of a reason for me not to chime in on a discussion.

All I have to say is a 1911 is what you show to your friends, a Glock is what you show to your enemies. :D

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    45acp.jpg

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You can get the S&W500 really cheap used in like new condition. Because most people buy them, shoot them a few times, realize how ridiculous it is, and then sell them. Seriously. :)

If you're gonna do it, go for the 10.5" barrel. Nothing says "badass" like a revolver that needs a shoulder sling and has a picatinny rail.

170231_large.jpg

:rofl:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I've got a 460 XVR with the 8 3/8" bbl. I intend to use it for hunting, and making a lot of noise at the range. You may want to look into a .460, because you can also shoot .45 Colt and .454 Casull also, as a more cost effective alternative of the .500 ammo. Most .500 ammo I have seen is ridiculously priced (up to almost $60 a box of 20). I think I saw in this months shotgun news that you can get the 4" bbl X frames for 699 at CDNN or Bachman pawn, dont remember which.

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    So I've been thinking for a while that I wanted to get a new gun, and I think I've finally settled on one.

I was thinking about a 1911 of some sort, but I want to hold off on that for a while.

I'm gonna get a Smith & Wesson 500.

I'm having trouble deciding on barrel length though. I like the Look and relative concealability of the 4", but I would kinda rather the accuracy of the 8".

Anyone have any experience with either?

"relative concealability"?

Are you planning on using this for carry?

Psychic Bacon

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 17, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    "relative concealability"?

Are you planning on using this for carry?

Every once in a while some friends and family give me crap about carrying. I want the option to let them really complain. If it really cold out, and I can wear a jacket that goes to my ankles. Heh. So like three days out of the year here.

Mostly it'll be a range toy and Safe King.

Top Bottom