New Law on Pistol Attachments.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Ok I’m gonna be that guy with this question…. If I throw my SBA3 can I still use my “AR Pistol”?
    As I’m typing this I am watching MrGunsgear on YouTube and he said the three letter fake law agency is losing out on millions of dollars because people are using braces…. They are retarded because firearms companies are making that money because of the braces. They gotta screw everyone because they want to tax us and take our money…. Are they gonna start arresting millions of people who have braces? It’s cool though. I wanted to do a legit SBR, but it might not be worth it….. What say you?

Sapperboomboom

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 28, 2017
    Slidell
    "I did not attach a brace to that pistol."
    1673675964202.png

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    gee reminds me of the old fuds at the range in 94 who B&C about me shooting an AR since it was a a weapon of war. Told the gentleman that his winchester model 70 was a weapon of war just like my 03A3. That lever gun was a weapon of oppression to many people. so that is the same view as the anti gun group - its a weapon that you can use to defend yourself . they want all weapons banned and that you lose the right to defend yourself.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    This thread is a disappointing dumpsterfire of comments...no wonder we are all losing our rights and livelihoods...being able to have a braced pistol but not shoulder it really? That would be like saying I can have an unregistered full auto as long as I don't shoot it. Posting atf letter from 2014? It is done, the turkey is cooked...saw some changes to the eforms last night atf made many strange adjustments so next week I might learn some more about how they are planning to process all of this but this could possibly be it for nfa stuff for awhile, which means for someone who has made a living off selling suppressors and nfa items for the past 13 years like myself, might be about time to find a new way to live.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    This thread is a disappointing dumpsterfire of comments...no wonder we are all losing our rights and livelihoods...being able to have a braced pistol but not shoulder it really? That would be like saying I can have an unregistered full auto as long as I don't shoot it. Posting atf letter from 2014? It is done, the turkey is cooked...saw some changes to the eforms last night atf made many strange adjustments so next week I might learn some more about how they are planning to process all of this but this could possibly be it for nfa stuff for awhile, which means for someone who has made a living off selling suppressors and nfa items for the past 13 years like myself, might be about time to find a new way to live.
    That 2014 ATF letter I posted above pertains to the original ATF ruling concerning the legalities of the "braced pistol" AR-15 configurations. Furthermore it states a braced pistol can be legally shoulder fired. And that 2014 ATF letter/ruling (which clearly you have zero knowledge of) has stood in effect until Jan 13th, 2023. The only dumpster fire I see here is between your ears.

So exactly where have you been "selling suppressors and nfa stuff for the past 13 years"? Business name and location?

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    That 2014 ATF letter I posted above pertains to the original ATF ruling concerning the legalities of the "braced pistol" AR-15 configurations. Furthermore it states a braced pistol can be legally shoulder fired. And that 2014 ATF letter/ruling (which clearly you have zero knowledge of) has stood in effect until Jan 13th, 2023. The only dumpster fire I see here is between your ears.

So exactly where have you been "selling suppressors and nfa stuff for the past 13 years"? Business name and location?
    You really really really sound just like someone on here who posted just like you till he got his pee pee slapped enough times that his final warning was given, and hes actually really nice and civil now. My crystal ball sees it coming.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    John from Hammond. Why can't you be more civil in your opinions. The only way we learn is by our own research along with opinions of others. You can disagree with someones opinion or their post but you are acidic in your reponses. Civility would be appreciated not only
    by me but I am sure by others.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington

That is funny, kind of ironic as well. Way back in the day when the first prototype pistol braces were brought to our company to manufacture, we knew how unlikely it was to work. If nothing else would require deeper pockets and a bigger legal team,so after passing on the deal it went to sig who brought it to market in 2013 thus starting the ar pistol sales boom. The idea was on the edge of the margins, bigger pistol tube so stocks can't be attached, friction fit rubber sleeve and straps, even then we knew the atf probably wasn't going to go for it. Next it was adjustable length of pull on specialized tube, then collapsible on a standard buffer tube, and it just kept pushing further and further until we ended up in the mess we are in now...millions of customers, dozens of companies, and all of nfa caught in a giant mess. You are right though I probably don't know a thing about pistol braces.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I remember how I felt when the ATF actually did say (even if for a brief time) that it was illegal to shoulder an AR pistol. True, I had already written them off over Waco, but I really felt like the “don’t shoulder” position showed the nation how out of control and out of touch this two bit agency had become. All the FUD they had created in the shooting community (urban dictionary if you don’t know what FUD stands for) is unforgivable. A regulatory agency spouting nothing but tyrannical BS and threatening we the people has stolen a portion of our freedom and needs to be reined in. I’m hoping this Republican Congress will put them in their place, which would require some firing from the top. Way too much power has been grabbed by these alphabet agencies because none of them have been put in check.
    Legally, the ATF has no say in whether I shoulder a pistol or use it as a boat paddle. If we ever get a POTUS that will see to bringing them back to square one and reminding them of their limitations, they deserve whatever measures are taken and then some.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Jus
    That is funny, kind of ironic as well. Way back in the day when the first prototype pistol braces were brought to our company to manufacture, we knew how unlikely it was to work. If nothing else would require deeper pockets and a bigger legal team,so after passing on the deal it went to sig who brought it to market in 2013 thus starting the ar pistol sales boom. The idea was on the edge of the margins, bigger pistol tube so stocks can't be attached, friction fit rubber sleeve and straps, even then we knew the atf probably wasn't going to go for it. Next it was adjustable length of pull on specialized tube, then collapsible on a standard buffer tube, and it just kept pushing further and further until we ended up in the mess we are in now...millions of customers, dozens of companies, and all of nfa caught in a giant mess. You are right though I probably don't know a thing about pistol braces.
    Just a thought. Reading your post makes me think you believe that we somehow brought this on ourselves. If that’s the case, I think you have completely lost touch. Any idea why folks feel the need to come up with all these workarounds? Could it be that the ATF has been infringing on our 2nd Amendment rights since before you were born and you just don’t have it in you to expect any different? These fools are calling a piece of plastic a machinegun. Wake up. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Top Bottom