New LCR in .357

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    From the site
    The Ruger Lightweight Compact Revolver (LCR), a 13.5 ounce, small frame revolver with a smooth, easy-to-control trigger and highly manageable recoil. Packed with the latest technological advances and features required by today’s most demanding shooters.

Edit: Actually the 357 is 17.1oz
    http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Don't you mean replace?

Well I like my little LCR .38. I didnt read the dimensions on the .357 yet but if they are the same size then yes it can replace....if its bigger then I will still have use for my .38.

I know using +P rounds makes the little .38 snappy. I look forward to seeing it in .357.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    If anything, they could shorten the barrel to maintain the same OAL, but the cylinder must be longer to work with .357.

Actually, i was checking out my cousin's LCR with the .357 bullet and the lcr cylinder is technically the correct length. The cutout for the casing is for a 38 spl which causes the .357 cartridge to not seat all the way. I wonder what they did for the .357 application other than extending the cutout since the dimensions are identical.

EDIT* Some digging came up with the cylinder being steel instead of aluminum. I wonder if they beefed up the frame a bit.

Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    What's in between X and Z? Personally,I wouldn't carry such a stoud load in such a light gun. Hell,9 more ounces and you've got an SP101 and even that's still snappy with full on 357 loads. I might get some opposition to this but I'm always going to carry what I can control. If you can manage that 357 LCR consistently,more power to you. I shoot lots of 357 magnum,but I like shooting them through guns that will allow me to hit the side of a barn. Being attacked and having to use your gun on someone is stress enough,I don't need to have to worry about wether or not I'm going to be able to control my weapon to save my life.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    If I were in the market for a carry gun, the LCR would be a good candidate.

As is, I carry a Colt Cobra, with an aluminum frame, in .38 spl. I use Hornady Critical Defense Ammo in it.

Full House .357 rounds I shoot in my Dan Wesson. I weigh it on a cattle scale, and it still shakes dust from the rafters.

I don't think I want that much in that little, but I would buy it, to shoot .38's out of.

My experience is that little is gained from a snub nose .357. The flash will blind you at night, and the recoil is unmanageable.

With a six inch barrel, at least you'll burn all of the powder. Ten inch is better, if you really want good terminal performance from a typical .357 HP.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I agree with DBMJR1 and am also carrying a Cobra regularly.

Look at the Buffalo Bore 38 special non +P they put together specially for older 38 special snub noses.

Dave

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom