New Leupold-built Redfields??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I just bought a brand-honkin' new Savage Model 14 American Classic LH in .308 Win, so It'll be time to consider a new scope pretty soon (it's only 10 months before rifle season, after all:hs:).
    In years past, I used to like Redfield scopes an awful lot. After they fell off the map, I became a big fan of Leupold & own several. Now, LEUPOLD IS MAKING REDFIELD SCOPES AT THEIR OREGON PLANT.:run:
    Has anyone tried them, or know someone who has, perhaps? I'm a little leary that they're just a down-graded Leupold, based on the price (the 3X9X50mm sells for around $200).....Then again, if it's made in America by Leupold, it can't be junk....Anyone?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    For $200 I'd get a 3-9x50 Nikon Prostaff. I have two and they are crystal clear. And its not some re-branded concoction between two companies.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    have read lots of stories about this....seen a couple of (positive) reviews. But have not laid eyes thru one yet.

Me too. Guns & Ammo had a very positive article/review....But you know how that goes.:rolleyes: Guess I'll stop in at Academy & check one out- they show to stock them on their website.....

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    My buddy has a 3-9x40 on his 22 and loves it. I am considering getting the 4-12 to put on a new AR build. If it breaks or doesn't work right they are covered under Leupolds lifetime warrenty. Glass is same as VX-ll but for half the price.

Last edited:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Patronize your local gunshop, gunsmith, or local commuunity dealer. They are small businesses who contribute to your community and who will appreciate your business and help you in time of need.
    They are also much better sources of information.
    Mr."Academy" doesn't know or care about you and wouldn't lift a pinkie to help you if there is a problem.
    If you-all continue to use Academy for firearms purchases, our gunshops and gunsmiths could disappear. What would we do for problems and advice, then?
    Academy and WalMart are where to buy ice chests and lawn chairs, not firearms and accessories.
    Support your local small businessmen and women.
    leVieux

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I still haven't gotten around to getting one yet (it's not like I need it tomorrow). My brother put one (3-9 X 40mm) on his Handi Rifle and I did check it out. The lens were very clear, with an ever-so-slight green tint. Good light gathering...I must say I was impressed. It is every bit a Leupold to me. I'd give it a thumbs up.:thumbsup:

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Patronize your local gunshop, gunsmith, or local commuunity dealer. They are small businesses who contribute to your community and who will appreciate your business and help you in time of need.
    They are also much better sources of information.
    Mr."Academy" doesn't know or care about you and wouldn't lift a pinkie to help you if there is a problem.
    If you-all continue to use Academy for firearms purchases, our gunshops and gunsmiths could disappear. What would we do for problems and advice, then?
    Academy and WalMart are where to buy ice chests and lawn chairs, not firearms and accessories.
    Support your local small businessmen and women.
    leVieux

This!!
    I've had bad service at Cabelas and worse service at Academy. I live close to a couple good gunshops and I don't hesitate to
    patronize them.

OleWild

FBHO
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    West Monroe, LA
    I took my first personal look at a new Redfield yesterday. It was a 3-9x50. Overall quality was excellent, and the optic was extremely clear. Appeared to be a very good scope for the money. However, I was shopping for a budget scope to use on an AR build just until the new Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP scopes hit the market later this year. I ended up going with a Pentax 4-16x50 with the Pentax Precision Plex Ballistic Reticle...yeah I know it's Chinaman made, but I was extremely impressed at its clarity, apparent quality, and the reticle for the price...it was cheap ($128). However, I do have a Marlin 336 that I fully intend to mount a new Redfield on before deer season....they did appear to be high quality scopes.

Top Bottom