New member here!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KetelOne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Hi, I stumbled across the site when I was looking to purchase my first rifle. Still haven't quite done that yet though. :p I'm looking for one that would be reasonable at the range and good for deer hunting.

Last edited:

justsomeguy

deranged.......
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Gretna
    Welcome. Obviously everyone has their favorit weapons on here. I'm a sks/ak47 fan myself. Do you have much or any previous experience with firearms? I'm still in the beginning and learning stages myself. I'm not a hunter myself. I'd rather shoot something that can shoot back. Its more fun (yes I'm former military like alot of others on here) but if you are looking for your first deer rifle have you considered a .270?.30-06? Those are usually the favorites from what I've seen. Welcome to the site man.

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Welcom aboard, Im an ar-15 guy myself. But Im sure everyone spittin out their favorite rifle will start one of those mine is better than yours debates (again). :draw:

KetelOne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome. Obviously everyone has their favorit weapons on here. I'm a sks/ak47 fan myself. Do you have much or any previous experience with firearms? I'm still in the beginning and learning stages myself. I'm not a hunter myself. I'd rather shoot something that can shoot back. Its more fun (yes I'm former military like alot of others on here) but if you are looking for your first deer rifle have you considered a .270?.30-06? Those are usually the favorites from what I've seen. Welcome to the site man.

I have limited experience, its been a few years since I've been to the range, but I used to go often with my grandfather. He would let me go so long as I cleaned all of the guns when we got back. I have been looking at .30-06 and .308 bolt action rifles (Rem 700, 770, Savage Axis, and the like), the ARs look awesome (and I'm sure they shoot just as well), but I'm not sure if I'm in a position to make that kind of investment :D

remington 700 in .308 If I had to have one deer rifle. Welcome aboard.

I happen to be looking at one of those :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom