New Member Re-located from NY

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Howdy from Hammond. Let’s see, new guy named Newbomb from New York to New Orleans. Gun laws are a lot more relaxed in NOLA so that should be a plus for you. And they only confiscate your guns during hurricane season!

Last edited:

Newbomb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    New Orleans
    Howdy from Hammond. Let’s see, new guy named Newbomb from New York to New Orleans. Gun laws are a lot more relaxed in NOLA so that should be a plus for you. And they only confiscate your guns during hurricane season!

You wouldn't believe what it takes to own a handgun in NY. Upstate NY is good to go, but NYC and the suburbs are brutal. It took me 16 months to get my permit. I had to buy a pistol that I wasnt allowed to touch or hold just to submit my application. I had to have 4 people sign notarized affidavits on my behalf and submit to interviews. All of that is just so you can own a pistol. You still cant carry unless you are on our way to the range or hunting. Of course we have ranges that are open 24 hours so that we are always on our way to the range.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You wouldn't believe what it takes to own a handgun in NY. Upstate NY is good to go, but NYC and the suburbs are brutal. It took me 16 months to get my permit. I had to buy a pistol that I wasnt allowed to touch or hold just to submit my application. I had to have 4 people sign notarized affidavits on my behalf and submit to interviews. All of that is just so you can own a pistol. You still cant carry unless you are on our way to the range or hunting. Of course we have ranges that are open 24 hours so that we are always on our way to the range.
    Well....I don’t even know you and I’m ready to invite you out to my place and dump a can of ammo on the bench and tell you to get after it, a weak attempt to somehow right the wrongs. I hope you’re not too scarred. I’m not trying to get a laugh. I seriously feel bad for you.

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Hey man.... baby steps.....

Welcome to New Orleans. Just wait a couple weeks for the humidity to kick in and you’ll really get a feel for the city.

That being said, if you live in Nola. St. Bernard indoor, Jefferson gun and shooters club are going to be your closest ranges. With honey island being about 45 minutes away.

Also check out MCTA Range at Stennis. Big boy range only slightly further than Honey Island

Newbomb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    New Orleans
    Well....I don’t even know you and I’m ready to invite you out to my place and dump a can of ammo on the bench and tell you to get after it, a weak attempt to somehow right the wrongs. I hope you’re not too scarred. I’m not trying to get a laugh. I seriously feel bad for you.

I carried every day and hit the range twice a week. They make it hard to get your permit but once you have it its all good. The cops aren't looking to bust the legal gun owners balls. Hopefully the Supreme Court knocks down the laws there and the people of NYC can also be free.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I carried every day and hit the range twice a week. They make it hard to get your permit but once you have it its all good. The cops aren't looking to bust the legal gun owners balls. Hopefully the Supreme Court knocks down the laws there and the people of NYC can also be free.
    Well that’s good. I was hearing stories of people going to jail for not turning in or getting rid of guns after crazy laws were passed.

Top Bottom