New NRL22 Match - SBPRR Poydras, LA - first Saturday of each month at 9am

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wikun

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    Metairie, La
    We are starting up a new match at the St Bernard Pistol and Rifle Range in Poydras LA. This will follow the monthly NRL22 course of fire that is published on the NRL22 website https://nrl22.org/downloads/

All scoped 22 rifles are welcome within the rules and reason. https://nrl22.org/about/nrl22-rules-2024/ If you are interested in attempting to shoot the course and all you have is a 10/22 or whatever, that is fine, we will make it work.

The Matches will be on the first Saturday of each month beginning Saturday 9/2 with shooting beginning @ 0900. Get there early(830am) to register, set up and put out targets. Brand new, first class target frames have been constructed. The range is located just behind Richards RV Park located at 350 Bayou Road in Poydras/St. Bernard. Take the road alongside the Trailer Park all the way back and over the RR tracks (10mph max please!).

If any questions feel free to post below and we will answer them!!!

Wikun

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    Metairie, La
    UPDATE : Had a bunch of PM's sent to me and I just wanted to put an update out.

This Saturday, we are currently set to host the SEPTEMBER NRL22 match. You can download the course of fire from the NRL22 website posted above. Please arrive just before 8:30 to facilitate registration. There will be a site in opportunity for participants beginning at 9am. We would like for all sight in to be complete and match commence by 9:30am.

There is no match fee for this event. This is a free event to participate in. You will need to provide your own rifle and ammunition. The targets are small, so bring a 22 rifle that is scoped.

We are monitoring weather. There is rain forecasted for our area on Saturday. Our range does have cover, so we wont be flooded out, the only issue is that if it is raining, seeing targets through rain will be tough. We will delay making a cancellation call though as late as we can. If we cancel before Saturday, I will post it here.

Thanks everyone and hope to see you all out there!

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    Are we using the option 1 or option 2? All I got right now is 22 with good zero up to 100 yards. Option 2 has stuff past 100 yards.

Wikun

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    Metairie, La
    Are we using the option 1 or option 2? All I got right now is 22 with good zero up to 100 yards. Option 2 has stuff past 100 yards.
    Hey Biff, we are only out to 100. although if you are good to 100, we can normally make dope to get further. It's fairly safe to assume 40gn bullet and the muzzle velocity on the box and plug into the hornady calculator. That gets most guys in the park.

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    Okay. Sounds good. I was able to hit a 4 inch plate at 100yds with my 10/22 with a red dot so ill try to come to the next one. CCI minimag

Wikun

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    Metairie, La
    Okay. Sounds good. I was able to hit a 4 inch plate at 100yds with my 10/22 with a red dot so ill try to come to the next one. CCI minimag
    You're definitely gonna want a scope. 10/22 is a great gun, but some of the targets are a 1/4". NRL22 is more precision than speed, so 4moa is gonna be not competitive. But if you can slap a scope on top and come out, that would make you competitive and have some fun. Hope that helps and see you out there.

Top Bottom