New Olight Osight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkump

Deceased - RIP
    Rating - 100%
    318   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    Wow, just saw the new Olight Osight Red dot with Trijicon RMR footprint. $199.99 can't be beat. I'm a Holosun guy, but with these prices, I don't think anyone can beat that price. I'm gonna test it and see if it's as good as Holosun.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Looks nice.. hopefully they got somthing good going, I’m surprised holosun let another company beat them to somthing

Holosun has solar charging and a battery that doesn't need to be changed. olight just released a product that requires you to maintain control of a proprietary charging system. If I were holosun, I'm not sure if I'd be concerned with them beating me on this one.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Holosun has solar charging and a battery that doesn't need to be changed. olight just released a product that requires you to maintain control of a proprietary charging system. If I were holosun, I'm not sure if I'd be concerned with them beating me on this one.

You didn’t hear?? People have been up in arms about the inconvenience of changing a CR2032 once every 18 months.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Sootch has a review:

Mrgunsngear also has one:

What’s your opinion on Mrgunsngear? I watch a few of his videos and believe I’m subscribed too him but typically I watch his 2A informative type of videos with current events or legislation.

I used to like Sootch and still don’t really mind him but I’ve never heard him say anything bad about a product. After watching a handful of reviews where he praised products that had known issues i stopped watching.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What’s your opinion on Mrgunsngear? I watch a few of his videos and believe I’m subscribed too him but typically I watch his 2A informative type of videos with current events or legislation.

I used to like Sootch and still don’t really mind him but I’ve never heard him say anything bad about a product. After watching a handful of reviews where he praised products that had known issues i stopped watching.

That's pretty much why I stopped watching his videos. I never saw him review a bad product.

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Lufkin, TX
    Here is another review. He really likes olight. One of his issues was the dot and glass in bright sunlight. Dustin does some weird thing but I like his reviews and I maybe a little biased because he us my ffl.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I don’t know about this one….. It looks hideous if you ask me… I love my Trijicon dots and my Holosun, but this thing looks huge! I’m glad we are getting more options and lower prices, but it seems to add some height to that slide…. I thought my SRO looked ridiculously tall lol… This thing looks like a monkey banging a football lol….

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I don’t know about this one….. It looks hideous if you ask me… I love my Trijicon dots and my Holosun, but this thing looks huge! I’m glad we are getting more options and lower prices, but it seems to add some height to that slide…. I thought my SRO looked ridiculously tall lol… This thing looks like a monkey banging a football lol….
    Hideous? It looks like any other red dot.. Specifically a holosun.

All the dimensions besides the height are a smaller then the rmr. The height is shorter then a SRO.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    That's pretty much why I stopped watching his videos. I never saw him review a bad product.

Almost all of these gunfluencers are paid shills, that’s why all the turd products they review are so amazing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ShootingStarr
    Top Bottom