New pistol brace ruling news…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Ok, so what does everyone think about the ruling in the 5th circuit? Is the 3 letter branch over reach done? Do they have to tuck tail and run because they never should have been allowed to do that? Are they gonna go after something else now?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Ok, so what does everyone think about the ruling in the 5th circuit? Is the 3 letter branch over reach done? Do they have to tuck tail and run because they never should have been allowed to do that? Are they gonna go after something else now?
    The AFT is going to rewrite the rule to conform to the court's ruling.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Agreed they will keep prolonging it as long as they can with illegal over reaches “until” we get a president in office that will put a stop to there nonsense… and as bad as it sounds I don’t think trump is that man… after all he did ban bump stocks…

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I think “legally” you can only use them if you are a paying member if the 2 groups that have a active “hold” on the law and have a lawsuit against the atf… but I could be wrong and I’m not alway legal if that makes sense lol..
    Yea you have to be a member of the GOA, FPC, or have the maxim brace. I called Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office and the State Police and they both told me that if you get pulled over or questioned at the range to just show them proof of membership and they will run the serial number to make sure it’s not stolen and you are good. I wanted to cover myself before I pulled mine back out!

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    Yea you have to be a member of the GOA, FPC, or have the maxim brace. I called Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office and the State Police and they both told me that if you get pulled over or questioned at the range to just show them proof of membership and they will run the serial number to make sure it’s not stolen and you are good. I wanted to cover myself before I pulled mine back out!
    I just bought a Maxim pistol and it didnt include the brace. So is it ok for me to install a Maxim brace until my form 1 is done?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I called Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office and the State Police and they both told me that if you get pulled over or questioned at the range to just show them proof of membership and they will run the serial number to make sure it’s not stolen and you are good.
    Why would they need to run a serial number on private property when no crime has been committed?

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Why would they need to run a serial number on private property when no crime has been committed?
    Roflol I completely agree! This is what they told me. I think it’s dumb myself. That’s their way of thinking they are accomplishing something I guess…
    What probable cause do they have to search the private property? Do they run serial numbers on cell phones in the car during a stop?
    I’m just relaying what they said. I don’t agree with it myself, but if I haven’t done anything wrong why would I just tell them every item I have in my vehicle? I have a can of off, 2 gallons of water, jumper cables….. No I’m not going to name my belongings for a traffic violation lol.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    The most egregious example I ever saw of this was an officer training a new guy, and in passing observed two gentlemen standing outside a late-hour, mostly cash business, one gesturing strongly with his hands/arms. He turned in to see if an argument was in progress, and observed the one gesturing was also openly carrying a firearm. The guy complied with all commands on approach, the firearm was removed from his person during the encounter, and it was found that the guys were friends, having a lively but not unpleasant conversation, and the one guy just talked with his hands a lot in a very animated manner. No harm, no foul, no intent to enter and rob that late-hour, mostly cash business. So the officer, as so many automatically do, runs the firearm serial number in NCIC but is told the system is down, no returns coming back. He then informs the owner, since the system is down, that it can't be verified as not stolen, and is going to have to be taken for safekeeping until that can be checked. I KNOW, RIGHT?!?! The guy went along, AND SO DID THE LIEUTENANT!!! I couldn't believe what had taken place. I was on the shift, but not on the scene, and when they relayed the details to me later, I was floored! Neither he nor the Lieutenant seemed to get why that was such a big problem, and apparently the guy never complained, just came in and picked up his gun later. I had that trainee assigned to me later and straightened him out on that, but it just shows how bad practices perpetuate. The officer in question worked for us for about another 14 years.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    The most egregious example I ever saw of this was an officer training a new guy, and in passing observed two gentlemen standing outside a late-hour, mostly cash business, one gesturing strongly with his hands/arms. He turned in to see if an argument was in progress, and observed the one gesturing was also openly carrying a firearm. The guy complied with all commands on approach, the firearm was removed from his person during the encounter, and it was found that the guys were friends, having a lively but not unpleasant conversation, and the one guy just talked with his hands a lot in a very animated manner. No harm, no foul, no intent to enter and rob that late-hour, mostly cash business. So the officer, as so many automatically do, runs the firearm serial number in NCIC but is told the system is down, no returns coming back. He then informs the owner, since the system is down, that it can't be verified as not stolen, and is going to have to be taken for safekeeping until that can be checked. I KNOW, RIGHT?!?! The guy went along, AND SO DID THE LIEUTENANT!!! I couldn't believe what had taken place. I was on the shift, but not on the scene, and when they relayed the details to me later, I was floored! Neither he nor the Lieutenant seemed to get why that was such a big problem, and apparently the guy never complained, just came in and picked up his gun later. I had that trainee assigned to me later and straightened him out on that, but it just shows how bad practices perpetuate. The officer in question worked for us for about another 14 years.
    Officers that lack this experience/education are perfect examples of why I'm leary/very cautious around LEO, even though I have nothing to hide, am not a felon, etc.... I have a buddy that's a LEO. We work out together at Planet Fitness actually, and he knows about my gun building hobby obviously, but I still don't let him around my stuff... The most I'll do, is help him with his personal items at his house.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    That’s a big WTF MAN,!!! I would have lost my crap!!! There is no law stating that my gun can be taken just because NCIC is down… Screw that man!!! You can look online certain places to see if a serial number has been used in a crime or reported stolen. I definitely would have obtained a lawyer and sued the **** out of both of them!

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Officers that lack this experience/education are perfect examples of why I'm leary/very cautious around LEO, even though I have nothing to hide, am not a felon, etc.... I have a buddy that's a LEO. We work out together at Planet Fitness actually, and he knows about my gun building hobby obviously, but I still don't let him around my stuff... The most I'll do, is help him with his personal items at his house.
    I absolutely agree with you! I’m former law enforcement, my brother is former law enforcement, and my son is a LEO in my parish and all three of us have studied the laws and wouldn’t overstep any boundaries. I will never conduct myself in any illegal manner because I don’t want to go to jail or put my son in any position to be dragged into anything. I’m on him about doing everything the correct way because he sure doesn’t want to end up where he puts people lol…

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    Agreed they will keep prolonging it as long as they can with illegal over reaches “until” we get a president in office that will put a stop to there nonsense… and as bad as it sounds I don’t think trump is that man… after all he did ban bump stocks…
    Have a look at Vivik Ramaswamy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom