New Project!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    My boys found this near the house and brought it home to me since they know the machete is my favorite blade of choice!!
    It was NASTY!!! when I first got it with the entire thing looking like the handle part.
    I was thinking yuk maybe I'll just keep it around for a beater but after hosing the mud off then wire brushing it I found out it was an imported Brazilian Cane machete, about the best steel machete on the planet.
    The wood handle was still pretty decent and cleaned up nice but then in typical BS style I figured it was time for a bad ass Machete Mod!!!
    Epically since my last good machete was stolen a while back.. So I popped off the handle wire brushed it, cleaned it and parkerized it tonight in preparation for the coming camo job as the sample picture indicates as well as a custom Para cord wrapped handle.

larm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    i enjoy restoring cane knifes and crap like that myself. i just finished a brazilian cane machette, but i used treated deck board for the handle. this one i keep in my boat with a homemade sheath from a old fire hose. some people see junk, i see weapons...lol

FrankJr

Tazer,Mace,then Miranda
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Zachary, La
    i enjoy restoring cane knifes and crap like that myself. i just finished a brazilian cane machette, but i used treated deck board for the handle. this one i keep in my boat with a homemade sheath from a old fire hose. some people see junk, i see weapons...lol

That is a great idea. I have never though of using an old fire hose to make a sheath. Might have to try and secure some.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom