New range in Mandeville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Well, any hvac system designed for removing the lead particles in the air should be pretty expensive. I just refuse to go to indoor ranges that charge an arm and a leg for an hour of range time trying to recoup their hvac costs from one freaking customer. Hopefully they don't have outrageous rates so that I can visit them often.
    A leftist think tank got together and thought up ways to circumvent the 2nd Amendment this was one of them. They cried the poor inter-city kids IQ was lower because of Lead paint and leaded gasoline fumes in the cities. THEIR IQ IS LOWER BECAUSE WHEN YOU BREED A RAT WITH A RAT, YOU AIN'T GETTING NO FREAKING PUPPY.

BOTTOM LINE the attack on lead is really an attack on the 2nd Amendment. And it's working, ammunition, components, and TRAINING FACILITIES are quickly becoming unaffordable to the common man.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Not yet but I did sniff around a bit.
    I've only been to two indoor ranges and both had cinder block walls and found them brutal what is left of my ears. PAC has noise cancelling material which the RO stated mitigates some of the noise.
    I spoke with Lee and I asked about drawing from a holster. If one can display safe technique to the RO it is permitted.
    The targets can be programmed to rotate and increase/decrease distance.
    They have UV lights and glow targets.
    Lots of classes available.
    It's less than 10 minutes from my house and I hope to shoot there soon.

Evil Zim

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    My brother-in-law and I went a couple of weekends ago. May be one of the nicest indoor ranges I’ve ever been to. Very modern range setup and personnel were very professional and courteous. Was told they allow holster draw firing. Will be going back.

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone have a chance to shoot at PAC yet? What are your thoughts?
    Pretty nice so far. 30 per hour or membership is 50 per month or 550 a year. Also includes 2 full size targets per visit. Rifle and pistol calibers are fine. No steel case ammo and no bird shot. Rental guns available. Pretty good staff so far. Targets can be dialed into a specific yard distance you want. Hvac is pretty impressive, can barely smell black powder if at all.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Pretty nice so far. 30 per hour or membership is 50 per month or 550 a year. Also includes 2 full size targets per visit. Rifle and pistol calibers are fine. No steel case ammo and no bird shot. Rental guns available. Pretty good staff so far. Targets can be dialed into a specific yard distance you want. Hvac is pretty impressive, can barely smell black powder if at all.

Ouch!

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    So I just checked PAC out yesterday. Functioned checked a new trigger and sighted pistol red dot. I was very impressed. Great staff and facility is top notch.
    I know $30 can get expensive but for the facility being what it is, I get it.

Dry fire is my bulk gun work. Then it’s a planned session of what I need to work on at buddy’s outdoor range.
    Then it’s clases & last are matches. I’m not a blast ammo kind of guy. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it’s just, been there done that.

If you just want to plink and blast away on the cheap, PAC may not be for you. But if you plan to work on specific drill w/ a round count, function check anything, or introduce a new shooter, this would be a great place.

The air system is pressurized and super impressive. Drawing from holster is an availability after RSO confirms your ability, dark lanes for low light shooting available, including 50cal availability, corporate lounge with membership, on-site gunsmith.

So in short, they seem to do EVERYTHING but pull the trigger for you! Gunsmith will even sight in guns as an option. It’s worth checking out!

Brandonjrey

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Louisiana
    The new Apocalypse Sports store on I-55 in Tula will have a 14 lane range, up to .50 cal. It is under construction as we speak.
    Really waiting on this!
    Saorsa in Bogalusa goes out to 800yds and has Electronic targets.

There are monthly competitions in different disciplines. 1st Saturday is Service Rifle that I shoot. PM me if you're interested or have a Junior shooter(s) that are interested. There are also monthly events at Palo Alto in Donaldsonville, and the Ascension Parish Sheriff's office range in Gonzalez.

I save a tremendous amount of time and Gas money since I'm on the Northshore going to Saorsa.

https://www.saorsaacres.com/competitions
    thank you will be in touch on this

Top Bottom