New shooter at the range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    A couple of buddies and myself went out to the range Tuesday morning. One of them brought along his 10 year old son who was itching to shoot the M4. His dad was trying out a new G19, but it seemed "Badger" was too eager to put rounds down range. He's still got a few things to work out but he's learning quick. He had a blast and has discovered that he enjoys shooting as much as he does racing supermotards!!

441825921_muDEB-L.jpg

441824322_V4bVw-L.jpg

441826970_2x7uu-L.jpg

441819592_bUWVj-L.jpg

441822683_nha74-L.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7lbMWCW9s4[/ame]

Last edited:

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    thats awesome.. I saw Juices post ... Badger looks like he had alot of fun...

I love to see the kids shooting...

Keep up the good work...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    I love to see the kids shooting...

Same here man. Seeing kids shooting kind of reminds me of myself when I was little. I had never really been exposed to real guns much at all until my mom remarried. My stepdad took my out shooting with his kids and from then on I was hooked.

A while back, my stepbrother, a friend and I were at the range, and there was a little kid with his Dad and his uncle who had just been sitting there all day and he didn't want to shoot the bigger guns that his Dad and Uncle had brought. We had been talking to these guys throughout the day. Anyways, later on in the day me and my brother got the kid to try out a bunch of the .22's we had brought and he loved it. It was pretty cool to see how excited he was. He was a great listener too and payed attention to what I had to say and show. He obeyed the safety rules and followed my instructions on how to operate the firearms. It was pretty cool to see this little guy have so much fun.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Awsome, It's great to see kids at the range.

Great to see that Gary's still making and selling bullets. (GAT Bullets on the bench in the backround)
    Great people that I haven't seen in a few years.

Art

Last edited:

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    That is the range in thibodeaux that nolacopusmc and myself shot that match at a few weekends ago.. I am trying to get a whole bay for a BS club day... may cost us a few bucks apiece but, we can do some bowling pin plates and paper competitions at our leisure.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    That's my home range Narco. The owner is a personal friend of mine. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

dangermoney,

It is a very good range, suffered some storm damage to the skeet houses but the ranges are in tact.

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    That's my home range Narco. The owner is a personal friend of mine. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

dangermoney,

It is a very good range, suffered some storm damage to the skeet houses but the ranges are in tact.
    Name of the place? Is is that range that used to be in the Coteau/Bayou Blue area? I knew one used to exist around there but no one seems to talk about the place anymore...

And where is it located in Thibodaux?

The fact it's so empty and so nice has me tempted to drive the extra distance instead of going to the TPSO Range

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    The Coteau / Bayou Blue range is a skeet / trap field. Southern Shooting Center is next to the Thibodaux jail. The last I heard there was a 50 person waiting list to join. You can walk up for $20 / 2 hrs. rifle range out to 300 yds.

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    The Coteau / Bayou Blue range is a skeet / trap field. Southern Shooting Center is next to the Thibodaux jail. The last I heard there was a 50 person waiting list to join. You can walk up for $20 / 2 hrs. rifle range out to 300 yds.

Ahh, gotcha. That sounds about right too. Probably why I hadn't heard the place mentioned much lately since I don't have many friends who are shooting skeet that often.

Sucks about the waiting list, definitely a nice range. I may have to make the trip sometime and see if the 20$ is worth it, as well as the 50 person waiting list. Definitely looks top notch!

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Name of the place? Is is that range that used to be in the Coteau/Bayou Blue area? I knew one used to exist around there but no one seems to talk about the place anymore...

And where is it located in Thibodaux?

The fact it's so empty and so nice has me tempted to drive the extra distance instead of going to the TPSO Range

The Lafourche Parish SO range is still located just off Hwy. 90 just past Bayou Blue. The range these pictures were taken were at Southern Shooting Center. Google them and you'll get the website with directions and all. It's DEFINITELY worth the drive from Houma and well worth a membership if you shoot more than once a month.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    The Lafourche Parish SO range is still located just off Hwy. 90 just past Bayou Blue. The range these pictures were taken were at Southern Shooting Center. Google them and you'll get the website with directions and all. It's DEFINITELY worth the drive from Houma and well worth a membership if you shoot more than once a month.

The Lafourche SO range is cheaper to use. It is only $10 for a full day of shooting.

stovebolt6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    berwick la
    i joined at southern shooting center about one month ago and i was on no waiting list.

rickie, and merril are very nice people. if you are interested in joining just drive up there and ask about it.

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    What are the hours like over at hte Lafourche Parish range? I could have sworn years back that someone said it was only open to the public on weekends, but I really doubt that's true. It definitely seems to be nicer than the TPSOR. Which is probably why all these places are able to charge :rofl:

Yeah, my buddy and I are probably going to give Southern Shooting Center a shot on Monday. He has to run to Nicholls to take care of something and I figured we'd hit up the range after that. Apparently his boss/manager is a member over there and loves it.

I'm definitely going to check out their website.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Yeah, my buddy and I are probably going to give Southern Shooting Center a shot on Monday.

You might want to rethink that. Monday is the only day of the week that they're closed. Check their website for the monthly calendar as well. I've pulled up to go shoot without checking only to find they left to go on vacation.

Top Bottom