New Walther PDP Optic Ready

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I know that Jim Dexter of Tactically Sound Training and Bill Blowers of Tap Rack Tactical have been shooting them for months. The targets they posted are impressive, but those same guys shoot lights out with anything you give them. The majority of the GunTuber videos out there, including the one you linked, don't really talk in depth about some things. Larry Vickers has a few videos out that touch on different features.

IMO, it's an optics ready pistol at $650 from a company known for making accurate pistols. I think they have a winner that will compete with Glock and Sig. I don't see many LEA switching over though. Jim confirmed it was designed to fit in P320 Safariland holsters and I've already seen some other parts configs from Walther, including a flat aluminum trigger. Another good thing is it can use existing Walther magazines.

All of that being said, I don't think I'll run out and buy one. It's too new and there isn't a ton of aftermarket support yet.

Last edited:

jcdogfish

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2015
    prairieville, LA
    Give us a review when you get one. It has big shoes to fill, but it is optic ready with a free plate. I wonder if this was spawned from chasing military/LE contracts. Would be great if it was cut for DPP optic with adapter plates for others. Looks good for the price point and I like Walthers.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    From Walther Page:

For anyone interested in their IOP Program.
    THE IOP PROGRAM IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. ONCE CURRENT BACKORDERS ARE FILLED THE IOP PROGRAM WILL REOPEN.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
    LAW ENFORCEMENT – INDIVIDUAL OFFICER PURCHASE

burien

Burien
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    They have a 4*, 4.5* and a 5* all compact or full-size versions, 15 or 18 round magazines well shoot y’all convinced me, just ordered a 4.5 full size 18rd why not try and it comes with 3 mags, nice of walther to hook us up.

Top Bottom