New website - help us beta test it please

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Got a chance to give it a gander here at home. Overall it's very slick and laid out well. Alot of these things have already been addressed by others, but here's my .02:

• Item preview/thumbnails need more or different description. Ex: Clicking on Glock brings up a bunch of tiny pictures with the only description being capacity. If I was looking for a G19 for example, I'd have no way of knowing which it is without clicking on several.
    • Sub-filtering would be nice. Ex: Clicking on Glock brings up all Glocks I have to wade through, should be able to filter again by caliber, size etc.
    • Maybe it's just a beta pre-launch thing, but the "Price is less than/click here to see price" thing drives me nuts on other sites. If it's a lower than MAP deal, then I guess there's nothing you can do about it.
    • Several times clicking on a subcategory (ie; Glock) would bring up a blank page. A refresh would bring up the desired content. Happened in Firefox and IE.
    • The overall design is very professional, but I think it needs a REAL logo to set it apart as opposed to the standard issue text based logo.
    • I would also recommend focusing more on the RICHIE'S part and less on the Pawn and Gun. I know that's what your shop is, but on the internet you are whatever you present yourself as. You don't have to just be a pawn shop on the internet, you can be Richie's mega ultra e-commerce giant. Other than a small address at the bottom, nothing else on the site has anything to do with the brick and mortar location or pawning, so there's no point in limiting yourself in that aspect.

Sorry if that sounds blunt or preachy, I was just trying to be brief. And for the record, I have many years in graphic/web design/marketing, but that said it's still just 100% my humble opinion.

ALL of the input today was forwarded/linked to our webdesigner. No harshness taken at all, this is the exact feedback we have been looking for. We have been working on the site design/layout for a while.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Good site, I plan to spend more time browsing. Only problem I had was when I searched for a Sig P238, then clicked on the item "238380BSS 238 380 6RD NS BLK" and got the following messages (just copied 4, it went on for more than that):

Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: Empty string or invalid image in /home6/richies2/public_html/admin/modules/inventory/includes/php/inventoryDB.php on line 1625

Warning: imagepng(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home6/richies2/public_html/admin/modules/inventory/includes/php/inventoryDB.php on line 1630

Notice: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /home6/richies2/public_html/admin/modules/inventory/includes/php/inventoryDB.php on line 1633

Warning: Division by zero in /home6/richies2/public_html/admin/modules/inventory/includes/php/inventoryDB.php on line 1635

nola_

Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Where are the Saiga shotguns? When I typed in Saiga under the search tab only a few accessories came up, no firearms. Thanks.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I would like to see some type of further filtering, i.e. once I clicked on steel, I couldn't further refine by shell length, price, name brand, etc. Which would be a nice feature when there are 19 pages of products and a slow site...

ETA: I see I can filter once by these items, but not together

This.

Most of the other things I noticed have all be mentioned also.
    *Site it slow. (could just be because it is not live yet)
    *Descriptions on the thumbnail view needs clarification.
    *Filter list not alphabetical.
    *Choosing multiple options on filters (both Ruger and Glock under handguns)
    *Search is not functioning properly. Search for 10/22 gets nothing. Search for Ruger 10/22 gets 48 pages. (I get the same 48 pages with a search for Ruger. Search set for either term instead of both?)
    *Search within one category. (Ruger 10/22 in longguns for rifles instead of looking through 48 pages of accessories)
    *Search results. What is the last column? Supposed to be price?

But all in all a nice site.

Off-Topic: I didn't know you could get a new 10/22 with the Tapco stock.
    Link

Storm52

Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Screenshot

975w6trt34fejrbz7wn.jpg
    http://upload.bayoushooter.com/images/975w6trt34fejrbz7wn.jpg

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    We have our guy working to fix the issues on the site. Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming. This site is going to be for people just like you guys, so we want you to be happy!

WB5QBK

Oct 16, 2008
    Caddo Parish
    Pages load a little slowly. My main concern is that the images are VERY SMALL. Suggest a way to either zoom in or make them larger to start with.

Thanks for asking us for our opinions.

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    .....enjoyed looking thru the ammo section...good menu flow.

Good use of white space.

Nice job guys!

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'm not sure what to call it but if I'm in rifles and I click on 308, it pulls up all the rifles chambered in 308. Then if I click Savage, instead of getting only the Savage 308's, I get ALL the Savage rifles, regardless of caliber.

Also, you guys obviously sell used guns but I missed any reference to those.

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Our web designer is on his way over to the shop in an hour or so. Any last minute input that you guys have so we can go over it with him? Thanks!

RocknRolla

Mad Scientist
    Sep 7, 2010
    Abita Springs, La
    It looks and work great on my IPad. Not too slow and nothing came up weird. The only think was that when I clicked on the camping tab in the side menu, nothing came up. I assume that's because there's no products in that category yet?

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wow, the changes made it MUCH better in my opinion. Now it is pretty sweet. I do have one request though. When browsing the handguns (and I am sure long guns as well), I think it would be much easier for someone to find exactly what they want by having the ability to search multiple categories at once. For example right now if you click on "Caliber" then "9mm" you are then browsing ALL the "9mm" handguns, but if you then click "Manufacturer" then "Springfield" then you are viewing ALL handguns by "Springfield" instead of all 9mm handguns in made by Springfield. It should be just an easy checkbox style search, like you can find on most retail websites in categories with a lot of products.

I am sure that it would be easy to change, and from the looks of it, that is what was originally planned because I really don't imagine many people searching for a handgun solely by weight. Sorry this whole post might be confusing. It is one of those things that I can easily picture as far a code/database/design, but hard to just put into regular words. Hope it makes sense, I think it would be an essential change for the better.

Third edit: Ok, as I thought, it is technically already set up to do, but the code to develop the link you are sent to needs a little fix.

When you click 9mm you get the browse function: browse.php?cat=26&a3=9mm

When you click Springfield after you get: browse.php?cat=26&man=197

But you should get: browse.php?cat=26&a3=9mm&man=197

You need the link to add the database ID to the current search rather than replacing it.

Ok, I swear this is the last EDIT: You also need to have it set up to remove all the choices in that left section that do not apply to the complete search you are in, so that you can only click available searches. So when you are in the search I mentioned above and you click ANOTHER descriptive ID such as barrel length, it should only display barrel lengths of products that fit inside the current search of Springfield and 9mm. This feature would be needed for some of the description choices but not others. For example, you should still be able to see all the available manufacturers if you click that, so the customer has the ability to add another manufacturer to the search results. That way if someone then clicked "manufacturer" then "glock" they would see all Springfield and Glock 9mm handguns all in the same search results. Like I said, I can picture this stuff better than explain it, so if something doesn't come across clearly, and you need verification, just ask, and I will try to explain better.

Last edited:

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    It looks and work great on my IPad. Not too slow and nothing came up weird. The only think was that when I clicked on the camping tab in the side menu, nothing came up. I assume that's because there's no products in that category yet?

Thanks! We are re-organizing some of the "Accessories" category to keep it from being so big. There is nothing under "Camping" at this time.

Very nice, works well, hope you ship to Indiana:)

Just like Obama, we will go to all 57 states!!! :mamoru:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom