News crew shot on live TV

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    RIP to the deceased victims and thoughts to their families/friends.

I found a YT of the VA gov's press conference going on about "common sense". At the end it includes a reporter's question of his knowledge of the perps. firearms permit/barred status. It shows the antis going direct to "common sense" (AKA astroturf) talking points prior to knowing anything about the incident.

Please share as appropriate.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    RIP to the deceased victims and thoughts to their families/friends.

I found a YT of the VA gov's press conference going on about "common sense". At the end it includes a reporter's question of his knowledge of the perps. firearms permit/barred status. It shows the antis going direct to "common sense" (AKA astroturf) talking points prior to knowing anything about the incident.

In fairness to this phony ideologically driven Clinton ass lamprey, the first reporter asked a generic question about guns getting into the hands of people that shouldn't have them. McCauliffe answered it like a typical phony, but it wasn't actually stated in direct reference to this incident. He would have spouted that speech if they asked him about balloons being illegally released in the park by ex-convicts.

It did appear like a scripted setup question though. The female reporter that came back with the proper follow up to that first question was on her game. It was the right question at the time and in direct relation to this crime. And a clueless politician with no facts about the crime, did exactly what they always do when asked specifics shortly after the incident; said he didn't know.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    For cryin out loud.....

60f8fe9c11ec66a6ada6be611a4c126d.jpg

5e5d1fc3763232ee97c7c66f03b39d9d.jpg

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    i'd urge those that can restrain themselves to not watch it. when it hits 100mil views, there will be copycats by the dozen.

This! I pray it's not the case but I'd have to bet there will be more "1st person" shootings to come.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has stated...

Damn, I get my background checked several times a year. All those background checks should have stopped this from happening. I thought maybe there was some kind of magical aura from all those background checks that would act as protection spells for everyone.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    When you start to think that there is no way things/people can get any worse...

Take it all with a grain of salt. Humans have been doing despicable things to each other since we slithered out of the mud as walking fish creatures. Our brains, or what we process, is being overloaded by technology and the instant delivery of these "current" terrible things we do to each other.

When Gahhg clubbed Gorrg to death a million years ago over a chunk of dinosaur meat, I assure you it was no less brutal than anything you are witnessing today. In fact, I would bet Gorrg experienced a lot more brutality and physical agony on his way to death than some one shot and killed instantly today.

As crazy as this comparison seems, it's true. Do you feel any less for Gorrg than Allison Parker?

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    Just watched the Virginia governor talking live on CNN about this. He started with that what is needed is more gun control blah blah.... but he went on to say, and I've heard this over and over is about the "gunshow loophole" he went on to say that you can walk into any gunshow and there will be someone with a big sign that says "buy your guns here. we don't do background checks"
    I've been to many guns shows and I don't remember ever seeing a sign like that.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Just watched the Virginia governor talking live on CNN about this. He started with that what is needed is more gun control blah blah.... but he went on to say, and I've heard this over and over is about the "gunshow loophole" he went on to say that you can walk into any gunshow and there will be someone with a big sign that says "buy your guns here. we don't do background checks"
    I've been to many guns shows and I don't remember ever seeing a sign like that.

Neither have I.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The last few gun shows, that I've been to, were entirely filled with dealers; and I've never been to a dealer, that didn't require a background check.

Sometimes I think it's political slander, then sometimes I think guys like the VA Governor are just stupid.

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    The last few gun shows, that I've been to, were entirely filled with dealers; and I've never been to a dealer, that didn't require a background check.

Sometimes I think it's political slander, then sometimes I think guys like the VA Governor are just stupid.

yep... true on everything you said. The problem is that the mainstream media picks up that crap, then uniformed people believe and continue it. I had a conversation (ok, a debate) with a neighbor of mine the other night. She started telling me the guns are way to easy to get. You can buy guns off the internet with just a credit card she says, and have them sent to your house.

I told her if she can get a gun sent to her house from the internet, I'll pay her back. But if she cant, I keep it and she pays. I'll pay the transfer fees. :) She hasn't taken me up on it yet.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Terry McAuliffe is most definitely not stupid. He is a full blown lying sack of ideologically driven garbage that has learned EVERYTHING he knows politically from Bill Clinton and John Podesta. He knows exactly what he is saying and exactly how effectively lying to ignorant people works!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Terry McAuliffe is most definitely not stupid. He is a full blown lying sack of ideologically driven garbage that has learned EVERYTHING he knows politically from Bill Clinton and John Podesta. He knows exactly what he is saying and exactly how effectively lying to ignorant people works!

Like I said... He's stupid, but not in the "Awww look at how stupid he is" kind of stupid :D

Top Bottom