NHRA Hot Rod Reunion & Corvette Factory/Museum.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Well I figured I could share a little bit of my adventures going on right now.

My father and I just arrived in Bowling Green, Kentucky yesterday evening. This morning we went on a factory tour of the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant. No pictures though because of the no camera rule. After that we went to the newly updated Corvette Museum. I have a few iphone pictures. We just ate lunch and stopped by a place called Art's Auto Mart.

Later tonight we are heading back to the host hotel where we are staying and i'll get some pictures with my Nikon. Tomorrow morning the races start at Beachbend Raceway. The races last till sunday. Saturday is the cacklefest and I'll try to get some pictures and video.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    4709328157_c821f55eeb.jpg

How's this for a Bug Out Vehicle?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Goin there tomorrow. All the flood water is gone. We just talked to the mayor about it.

I'll post pictures tomorrow evening. I'll see if my dad wants to go to Toots. I wanted to last year but our group went to smokey bones.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Corvette plant

A group of us from La where in the area for the Blue Ridge Mountain 3 gun championships last month and toured the plant. Well worth the 8 dollars and was neat to see how they were made. Are the ticks still bad in the area???

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    That's a sweet museum. We had a gas/food stop there last Dec on our trek to South Bend. While standing in the parking lot of Hardee's I saw a silver ZR1, with the plexiglass hood insert, drive by going into the factory. I bet the locals get to see cool mules and stuff around there.
    BTW, do yourself a favor and take the detour over to Lynchburg on your way home. The Jack Daniels tour is awesome! :boink:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Never had an experience with Ticks around here.

That's a sweet museum. We had a gas/food stop there last Dec on our trek to South Bend. While standing in the parking lot of Hardee's I saw a silver ZR1, with the plexiglass hood insert, drive by going into the factory. I bet the locals get to see cool mules and stuff around there.
    BTW, do yourself a favor and take the detour over to Lynchburg on your way home. The Jack Daniels tour is awesome! :boink:

We might go to the Jack Daniels tour on the way home.

Every Corvette is taken for a 20 mile test drive through the city after it exits the plant.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Did you get to "Give Birth to a New Corvette"?? :eek3::eek3:

No lol, but I did watch a few ZR1's roll off the line.

We kept hearing these wierd Willie Wonka flute sounds every so often. So we asked our guide and she said it was an alert to let the supervisor, of that specific section of the plant, know that there was a problem. Considering we heard about twenty different sounds, there must have been a lot of problems.

Sucks that I didn't get to see any Z07's though :(

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    We were thinking about going to the cave river, something like the lost river. I can't remember.

A friend of mine and I might come back up in October for the machine gun shoot and show at west point. If we do, I will make sure we go to all the places we miss on this trip.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    ......but our group went to smokey bones.

Not bad eats there either but I miss Toot's a lot.

Are the ticks still bad in the area???

Stay out of the tall stuff, and check yourself occasionally

I'll be at Knob Creek in October I missed the April shoot and have been kicking myself in the ass since

As soon as my son is old enough to enjoy it, I am taking him home in Oct or Apr to experience the fun. I love to see the look on new guy's face the first time they see a minigun or that short barrelled Mama Duece in action.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Well I figured I could share a little bit of my adventures going on right now.

My father and I just arrived in Bowling Green, Kentucky yesterday evening. This morning we went on a factory tour of the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant. No pictures though because of the no camera rule. After that we went to the newly updated Corvette Museum. I have a few iphone pictures. We just ate lunch and stopped by a place called Art's Auto Mart.

Later tonight we are heading back to the host hotel where we are staying and i'll get some pictures with my Nikon. Tomorrow morning the races start at Beachbend Raceway. The races last till sunday. Saturday is the cacklefest and I'll try to get some pictures and video.
    I just rolled into Bowling Green on my way to Pennsylvania. I always stay here as it is about half way. I didn't think about the fact that this was going on and I got lucky to be able to get a room. PM sent, maybe we can do a quick link up.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Got your pm, we just left cacklefest. Got back to the hotel, took showers, and are about to getsome sleep. A group of 5-6 of us are leaving tomorrow morning. We've been out here since wednesday.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    That's cool. The wife gave me that "look" when I told her I might be going out for a quick beer. She wants to get on the road early in the morning so I guess I'll get some zzzzz's myself.

Top Bottom