no guns in Catholic churches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Just one more clear item of evidence as to why Catholic Bishops are really lousy on political & practical issues..............................................

They should stay the HELL out of political & public safety issues.

leVieux

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    You can go to WAFB.com and vote on the online poll.

WAFB Online Poll

Do you agree with the decision by Louisiana Catholic bishops to not allow handguns in church, despite the new state law?

Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far:

Yes 71%

No 25%

Undecided 4%

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Just one more clear item of evidence as to why Catholic Bishops are really lousy on political & practical issues..............................................

They should stay the HELL out of political & public safety issues.

leVieux

Looks to me like they are being too political...politically correct!

Don't worry too much. God has a reason for this - His Will be done.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Okay guys, I will give you the short answer but please start another thread if you want to carry the Catholic Church bashing any further.

1. Indulgences only work for the ones already saved.

2. Salvation is not for sale (*)...never has been and never will be. If you believe that it can be bought, send me $10K and I'll sell you the Milky Way Galaxy.

* There is only one possible way that the Catholic Church can sell salvation and you would have to die immediately afterwwards for it to work - guaranteed. I'm not going to tell you what that way is and I bet you can't figure it out (without some serious help)...AND (as far as I know) the Catholic Church has never actually done it...and never will.

3. Some people have done bad things but you shouldn't attribute these things to "the Catholic Church" unless they were official doctrine.

4. If you studied the official doctrine of the Catholic Church, you would be hard pressed to find things that you truly disagree with.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    You can go to WAFB.com and vote on the online poll.

WAFB Online Poll

Do you agree with the decision by Louisiana Catholic bishops to not allow handguns in church, despite the new state law?

Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far:

Yes 71%

No 25%

Undecided 4%

The Catholic Church is not a democracy...and these Bishops know that.

Catholics should obey their Bishops...but their Bishops should obey God.

We'll see how this turns out...publicly hashing this out will force the issue and all the merits of CC into the homes and conversations of people who have never considered this before. This will open up opportunities to educate your neighbors and friends...AND...

When it is all over, people will see that even their Bishops can listen to reason and change their minds...and maybe that will open the door for the ones who respect their Bishops to change their minds too.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I didn't mean to open up anything on the Church last night- seriously. I'd like to say I am sorry if what I said offended anyone, because that wasn't my objective.
    I am big enough to admit I did stray a little off course, due to frustration. I just believe that it's okay to have objections with some of the things they do, and the way certains issues are handled by them- this obviously being one. IMHO, they are handling this issue in an extremely naive, child-like manner- one that DOES NOT do anything to enhance the safety of their congregations in the brutal world we live in.

Anywho, just wanted to say that....

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I didn't mean to open up anything on the Church last night- seriously. I'd like to say I am sorry if what I said offended anyone, because that wasn't my objective.
    I am big enough to admit I did stray a little off course, due to frustration. I just believe that it's okay to have objections with some of the things they do, and the way certains issues are handled by them- this obviously being one. IMHO, they are handling this issue in an extremely naive, child-like manner- one that DOES NOT do anything to enhance the safety of their congregations in the brutal world we live in.

Anywho, just wanted to say that....

Well said. FWIW, I concur.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I'm calm now...

I talked to my Pastor and he said that he has not received any information on this issue from our Bishop.

The next step is for me to contact the Bishop...other than the email I already sent to the LCCB.

If any of you, Cloudstrife maybe?, has some info already typed up or something...please pass it on. When I come up with a convincing and sane-sounding argument to present to my Bishop, I'll post it here...

AND...I would really appreciate you guys posting your convincing and sane-sounding info so I can use it. Sharing this info will help us all.

Please let me apologize for being too sensitive to some of your previous posts. I used to think as you do on the issues addressed and should have given you the same patience and consideration that I would want. You know...do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    OneStory,
    Does your church have a school on the property?

it is across the street and they might cross the street to use the gym.

the "answer" to our problems is to get rid of these STUPID laws alltogether but we're gonna have to fight these battles to win the war.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I'll use some or all of these to make my point.

Luke 22:36
    John 18:10
    1 Samuel 17:48-49
    Psalms 144:1
    Matthew 21:12-13
    Exodus 22:22-24
    Might mention St. Gabriel Possenti http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/1791829/posts

Then there's the common sense part of the argument. Armored pope-mobile, heavily armed Swiss guard, church shootings, failure of gun-free zones.

excellent info...

it would be helpful if we could share actual wording, if we can do so without it looking like we're presenting "form letters".

form letters may be appropriate if it is from multiple people.

what do you think?

Top Bottom