Non-"tactical" handgun training?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Wrong.

Those were 5.11's in a desert pattern that LAPG was selling for $7 a pair back in 2006.

Nice try.

JR1572

So they were camoflage in multiple colors, but not multicam? I guess multicam is like tactical, it means whatever people want it to mean.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    1601340_857422964282898_1040572537626881125_n.jpg

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Well here is the reason for your "TACTICAL" misconception! HAHAHAH. That’s a James Yeager class!

Not knocking his classes but its far different from ANY class I have ever attended. Would I take it if I had the opportunity? Sure, it looks like a roll in the dirt fun time. Until I take one of his classes and can give an honest first-hand account, I'll have to sit in the back quietly and listen.

I take back what I said about "rolling in the dirt fun". This s*%# just made me CRINGE! I don't think five days is enough for me to trust that many weekend shooters with guns around me during an exercise like this! :eek4:

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I take back what I said about "rolling in the dirt fun". This s*%# just made me CRINGE! I don't think five days is enough for me to trust that many weekend shooters with guns around me during an exercise like this! :eek4:

Just 5 days, and people off the street are doing that with live ammo?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Lol!

Desert Digital Camo and Multicam are different.

Google it.

JR1572

If I wear digital camo pants I'm cool, but if my pattern is blobs instead of squares I'm tacticool? Is range fashion really that serious?

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    If I wear digital camo pants I'm cool, but if my pattern is blobs instead of squares I'm tacticool? Is range fashion really that serious?

I wear those pants because they're the only pair of range pants that I still fit in, but they're really too big for me now. That pattern is old and isn't as popular as multicam is. I'm glad you like them. You can have them if you want them. I think they're 38x30.

JR1572

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I wear those pants because they're the only pair of range pants that I still fit in, but they're really too big for me now. That pattern is old and isn't as popular as multicam is. I'm glad you like them. You can have them if you want them. I think they're 38x30.

JR1572

Why do you think that is any different than someone wearing multicam? I appreciate the offer, but it would probably clash with my black and gold gun belt.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Why do you think that is any different than someone wearing multicam? I appreciate the offer, but it would probably clash with my black and gold gun belt.

Because I'm not putting pants on to look cool or fit in at a class.

My offer still stands. You can have them because you really seem to want them. I may have two pairs. You can have both of them.

JR1572

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Because I'm not putting pants on to look cool or fit in at a class.

My offer still stands. You can have them because you really seem to want them. I may have two pairs. You can have both of them.

JR1572

And you know people wearing multicam at classes are? I don't own a single camouflage item, don't feel the need to start now.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    And you know people wearing multicam at classes are? I don't own a single camouflage item, don't feel the need to start now.

Well why else would you buy it and wear it to a class? I haven't seen a single person not at a class running around wearing multicam trousers and multicam padded belt with multicam pouches on it.

If I see someone attired in multicam not at a class I'll snap a picture of it and post it here for you.

JR1572

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I suppose these differences are like deer hunters wearing Realtree 3D inside a box stand when they could have just worn and LSU pullover!?!

The camo MUST mean "Hunter!" :p

friar8

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I wear Kryptek to hunt. Have since before it became tacticool. Does that make me a ninja? (I hunt with a .30-06 not throwing stars before anyone asks)

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Well why else would you buy it and wear it to a class? I haven't seen a single person not at a class running around wearing multicam trousers and multicam padded belt with multicam pouches on it.

If I see someone attired in multicam not at a class I'll snap a picture of it and post it here for you.

JR1572

I don't see people carrying AR-15s in public either, should people stop training with them?

Top Bottom