NOPD's Supt. Serpas Issues New Integrety Policy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I witnessed a uniformed NOPD patrol officer playing video poker awhile back. I was so disgusted by this, I filed a complaint through PIB. I received a letter stating that the officer was identified but my allegation couldnt be substantiated. That was even more disgusting to me then the original incident.

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    I witnessed a uniformed NOPD patrol officer playing video poker awhile back. I was so disgusted by this, I filed a complaint through PIB. I received a letter stating that the officer was identified but my allegation couldnt be substantiated. That was even more disgusting to me then the original incident.

When I was in grade school, there was a kid in my class who told the teacher everything, I always wandered what happened to him.......

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

When I was in grade school, there was a kid in my class who told the teacher everything, I always wandered what happened to him.......

LOL!

I know, how dare that guy commit a completely legal act. If that is all you ever saw NOPD do that disgusted you....you need to get over that agoraphobia sooner. LOL

Duck, local to fed...get it.

Last edited:

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    LOL!

I know, how dare that guy commit a completely legal act. If that is all you ever saw NOPD do that disgusted you....you need to get over that agoraphobia sooner. LOL

Duck, local to fed...get it.

Legal maybe but every department I've ever worked for would fire you for being seen gambling while in uniform on or off duty.

I take it NOPD has no such rule?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Legal maybe but every department I've ever worked for would fire you for being seen gambling while in uniform on or off duty.

I take it NOPD has no such rule?

Choose your poison. Whether it's sitting in front of a video poker machine in a diner or rolling craps on the floor of Harrah's while in uniform on duty is ridiculous.

So...you're saying this behavior shouldnt be reported? Last time I checked gambling on duty was a prohibited act.

I have no idea what NOPD policy is on gambling in uniform. But like my post said, if that is the worst you have seen, then that is pretty good.

As far as I know, there is not a gambling policy for any of the NOLA area departments that i am aware of. I am sure the feds do, but I don't recall seeing anything.

Is it really that horrible of an act if a guy is working a detail at a daiquiri shop or stopped at a place to grab a bite to eat after work and puts 5.00 in the poker machine?

i mean really? Maybe if the feds were more worried about the lieing, stealing, murdering, and bigger things, NOPD wouldn't be in the shape it is in.

Whining about a dude playing video poker, which may or may not be against policy but is at least still legal sounds like a tint ticket wrapped up in a seatbelt stop while driving pass a 3 car fatality.

Bigger fish guys...bigger fish.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    If it's not against NOPD policy , then it should be . It shows a lack of class . That's one department that needs to do a LOT of image rebuilding . That " bigger fish " argument doesn't fly .

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It does not bother me if an on duty officer is playing a little video poker or shaking hands with the one armed bandit when they have a little down time.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    If it's not against NOPD policy , then it should be . It shows a lack of class . That's one department that needs to do a LOT of image rebuilding . That " bigger fish " argument doesn't fly .

Remember that when you get a seatbelt, tint, stop sign, or any other "********" ticket. I agree it is an image thing, but they are so jacked up, it should start from the big stuff down. Stop people from sleeping on duty before you start worrying about what they do off duty.

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I have no idea what NOPD policy is on gambling in uniform. But like my post said, if that is the worst you have seen, then that is pretty good.

As far as I know, there is not a gambling policy for any of the NOLA area departments that i am aware of. I am sure the feds do, but I don't recall seeing anything.

Is it really that horrible of an act if a guy is working a detail at a daiquiri shop or stopped at a place to grab a bite to eat after work and puts 5.00 in the poker machine?

i mean really? Maybe if the feds were more worried about the lieing, stealing, murdering, and bigger things, NOPD wouldn't be in the shape it is in.

Whining about a dude playing video poker, which may or may not be against policy but is at least still legal sounds like a tint ticket wrapped up in a seatbelt stop while driving pass a 3 car fatality.

Bigger fish guys...bigger fish.

Wow. It's the broken window theory. This is why the NOPD is in the shape it's in.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Wow. It's the broken window theory. This is why the NOPD is in the shape it's in.

I see you paid attention in CRJUS101.;)

Once more for the slow kids.

I am not saying IGNORE the broken windows, but let's make the bodies in the street a priority. In between 30's we can work on code enforcement.

I agree that integrity, which is the core of any other professionalism based trait, is paramount, but at this point with that department, there are a few larger fires that need to be quelled before we can start sending out people to handle smaller but still important things.

If my house gets robbed and then there is a big new story about 10 NOPD getting time off because they wore the wrong color shirt or showed up 10 minutes late for work, I consider that a waste of resources. yes those issues need addressing, but at the level of degradation that department is in, there are a few more pressing issues.

FBI? probably not or you would not be on here.
    Hmmm.... ICE?

Remember back to those 20 years when you used to say, "Damn, they ain't got better things to worry about?" every time rank was micromanaging you?

In closing, the problem is deeper than some errant "poor judgement" behavior. You have to go to the core, and that is the applicant pool. Any organization is like a spreedsheet....garbage in, garbage out.

Unfortunately, law enforcement will never get the funding it needs to get the best and the brightest. there will be a few, but not enough to carry all the weight for those who get hired with GED, "minor" records, and questionable backgrounds.

Since you are so honorable, in reference to your other thread, maybe you should come back with us lowly locals and change your screen name to "localtofedtolocal".

hell, with your experience and apparent education, you could probably make a run for a chief or Sheriff position.

Seriously. I am not being facetious.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom