Not just a reciever anymore...a Romy story

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I owned my ak for a week...according to the ATF. Now, it's a real gun, imo, and a cool piece of history. Thanks again to Todd (rockmup), Red Jacket (chris), and, especially, JP (jgwalt1).

Here's the furniture in progress

picture.php

Fin!​

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

well, not finished all the way. gonna shoot it, then park it, then enjoy it. more to come...

Last edited:

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Getting this also. It would be cool to get some other Romanian artifacts of historical and ak relevance. I am taking anthropology and its rubbing off a little bit...:D

product_thumb.php

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    Getting this also. It would be cool to get some other Romanian artifacts of historical and ak relevance. I am taking anthropology and its rubbing off a little bit...:D

Anthropology has you thinking about AK's? When I took it, we learned about sexual dimorphism of Old World monkeys and the difference in cranial displacement of prehistoric humanoids. You don't have Bob Tague, by any chance?

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Anthropology has you thinking about AK's? When I took it, we learned about sexual dimorphism of Old World monkeys and the difference in cranial displacement of prehistoric humanoids. You don't have Bob Tague, by any chance?

Not quite AKs jus old stuff. no offense to any one that doesn't think 1967 is old... No I have Listi. And I'm taking archaeology, too. so not just monkey sexes and skull classes...

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    In new orleans today, bambam. Next time i'll have to come check out the Shak.
    Well, going to shoot her today, guys and gals. Wish me luck!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    She shoots! Gotta bang on the receiver a little more. It's not straight and the bolt carrier is getting hung up --> FTF sometimes.
    Thanks to smith625, in advance, for help in the refinishing phase! This gun is turning into a BS collaborative effort...

Last edited:

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Next step in the saga

picture.php

picture.php

Mags, bayonet, and sling all came in. Getting ready to park it next weekend. Stay tuned... Looks pretty sweet, huh?

Top Bottom