Not real bright, that one.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    So we're watching GuntalkTV and Tom mentions "Lady Hawk".

I'm a girl. I admit it. Straight up, I like girlie things so the name grabbed my attention right off the bat. Being the loving husband who wholeheartedly embraces the 2A, he tells his wife all about it. You know, the one that's currently looking around the hand gun market?

Well, what do you know... a custom 1911 modeled to fit small hands and it can be chambered for a 9mm.

:mamoru:

I'm on the Nighthawk website and searching BS forums for Nighthawk discussion as I type... I'm thinking Christmas present. :p

Last edited:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Find a "Star B" small frame 1911 in 9mm. I have one you can borrow if you'd like. Awesome pistol and cheap, functional aftermarket mags are avail.

gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    You can buy one off the shelf. I have a Springfield EMP that fits my little hands and is a 9mm. And one-third the price.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Forget christmas I say that would be a perfect mothers day gift! High end 1911's are like custom blades you can pay a lot less and buy something that will cut or you can carry and utilize a piece of art/perfection. You don't need them but they are so sweet and smooth that I believe it justifies the expense.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I passed up a good deal on a Star BM a year ago. Still kicking myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had several of these. All the ones prior to the one I have ran like sewing machines. This one seems to have peened the crap out of the locking lug on the barrel bushing.

I sent it to TCustoms to be fixed. I'm currently looking to replace the recoil spring too.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Mother's day is on backorder at a jewelry store last week. ;)

To be honest, I'm mostly teasing Spec for turning me onto a fairly expensive ($3000) hand gun when I probably haven't shot a 1911. Maybe a single round through his .45 Wesson. I'm blessed to have a spouse that unquestionably encourages a hobby and if I had my heart absolutely set on one particular gun...

But we're going to play the field for a while. It's pretty good marketing though to give small firearms feminine names. Because of that, Nighthawk is on my radar.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    ive got girlie sized hands, and have slim grips on my 1911, and will be possibly adding a short trigger soon. it fits pretty good.

but the emp feels like it was built for my hands.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Mother's day is on backorder at a jewelry store last week. ;)

To be honest, I'm mostly teasing Spec for turning me onto a fairly expensive ($3000) hand gun when I probably haven't shot a 1911. Maybe a single round through his .45 Wesson. I'm blessed to have a spouse that unquestionably encourages a hobby and if I had my heart absolutely set on one particular gun...

But we're going to play the field for a while. It's pretty good marketing though to give small firearms feminine names. Because of that, Nighthawk is on my radar.

Yah you definately can't start off with this you won't know what you got :)

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Pretty much any 1911 with thin grip panels will fit a small hand. The STI Ranger would be similar to the ladyhawk - and it comes in 9mm as well. :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom