November Constitutional Amendment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Well, if it is as they say unnecessary, then what do they care if we pass it? If it is so unnecessary, it shouldn't even be worthy of discussion, right?

SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie
    "You give an inch, they take a mile..."

I would rather not give them any piece of my constitutional right to be armed and thus be safe.

SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie
    No, I dont. My statement was more general, and really more in support of the voting YES. Im no lawyer, but it seems the way LA law was written does appear to leave a big hole for possible restrictions. We have to be forward looking here, because even though today we dont have many anti gun people in LA office, if that were to change, the current law leaves a big opportunity for new restrictions. I would want to make SURE that no future dick head politician attempts to infringe upon my right.

When they start telling us that guns are "unnecessary", its only natural that they would preach that LAWS protecting the right to GUNS, are also "unnecessary".

This is how you know it is in fact necessary.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I've got news for James Gill......Gun sales have already sky rocketed BEFORE the election!!!:D

Since Mr. Gill apparently knows very little about the subject he chooses to give his opinion on, he should pick another topic!!!:wavey: Perhaps he could write about why the Saints haven't won a game this season, or where to get a good po-boy in New Orleans!!:bowrofl:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    New Orleans is where 99.999% of the liberal ******** that is spewed forth upon the state of Louisiana originates from.

<<Sent via an old computer in my grandmother's basement>>kiooo

Wow. Sounds like you're just looking for any excuse you can find to rag on New Orleans.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I've got news for James Gill......Gun sales have already sky rocketed BEFORE the election!!!:D

Since Mr. Gill apparently knows very little about the subject he chooses to give his opinion on, he should pick another topic!!!:wavey: Perhaps he could write about why the Saints haven't won a game this season, or where to get a good po-boy in New Orleans!!:bowrofl:

I doubt Gill knows anything about that either. His arrogant ******** has been going on too long. Not just this time, but in many previous columns his superior, condescending attitude has always pissed people off regardless of his political opinions.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Gill's editorial philosophy, shared by management might just be the reason that the TP is in its death throes. (Ya think) So why are we responding to the same nut sacks at Nola.com. This could be the topic of a whole other thread.......oh, wait. Nevermind.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Wow. Sounds like you're just looking for any excuse you can find to rag on New Orleans.

Sorry.....but I stand behind my post. The fact Mary landreu ( & her brother) has a job is proof enough I'm right.

But since you accuse me of hating NO....well, lets just say that it was my idea to blow up all the bridges and make NO a prison colony post-Katerina.

So yeah....but that wasn't the point.

<<Sent via an old computer in my grandmother's basement>>

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Sorry.....but I stand behind my post. The fact Mary landreu ( & her brother) has a job is proof enough I'm right.

But since you accuse me of hating NO....well, lets just say that it was my idea to blow up all the bridges and make NO a prison colony post-Katerina.

So yeah....but that wasn't the point.

<<Sent via an old computer in my grandmother's basement>>

Right you are... I have and will always love NOLA, but the politics leaves much to be desired.... But much of South louisiana shares that blame as well **ducks** :mamoru: ;) Well what can I say, I'm a yankee louisianan from monroe!

Top Bottom