Now I Know They Have Completely Gone Nuts- BHO as Jesus?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Hmmmm?....interesting concept.

Honestly, I didn't really think much of the painting until I researched it. It's an interesting idea and in many ways it will be a mirror to the viewer.

Some will think BHO will save the country.
    Some will think BHO is being crucified.
    Some will think the left is attacking Christianity.
    Some will think this is some new world order conspiracy to replace God.

For me, I do think BHO is being crucified to some extent. While he was one of the last two people I wanted to see elected, I do think some of the blame he gets is quite silly. I do agree with the idea that the animosity between right and left is quite counter productive.

Anyway, it's an interesting piece and it will be construed many different ways. I just hope everyone takes the time to think about it objectively.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Hey, at least we're not taking things on face value and researching this (what probably 80% or more of people never do, except those on this site, of course ) I would have agreed with this artist's intended response from his painting right up to the point where he put the crown of thorns on him. I'm sorry but that goes beyond the realm of the mirror theory he proposes and squarely lands it in a religious theme. Had he left off the thorns I could have believed the the artist saying is he opening the curtains or closing them. IMO

There is a blatant religious theme, but it's not the point of the painting. It's more of a sledge hammer being used to swat a fly. If the crown wasn't there, then there would be all kinds of conspiracy theories about it, he's taking that out of the equation with the crown.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Honestly, I didn't really think much of the painting until I researched it. It's an interesting idea and in many ways it will be a mirror to the viewer.

Some will think BHO will save the country.
    Some will think BHO is being crucified.
    Some will think the left is attacking Christianity.
    Some will think this is some new world order conspiracy to replace God.

For me, I do think BHO is being crucified to some extent. While he was one of the last two people I wanted to see elected, I do think some of the blame he gets is quite silly. I do agree with the idea that the animosity between right and left is quite counter productive.

Anyway, it's an interesting piece and it will be construed many different ways. I just hope everyone takes the time to think about it objectively.

Until we stop trying to put people into "groups" and stop the "you're not in my group, so you're wrong" mentality both countrywide and especially in Washington, I agree it will be counter-productive. BHO came into office on this grand idea of "change is coming" and an end to partisanship. That is and was a noble principle. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I didn't vote for him, but he is my president. Well, I'm not sure he's doing too well on the non-partisan part these days. A prime example is the prosecution of previous administration officials over the waterboarding issue. First he says no prosecutions, now (after pressure from the left) we're looking into it. It was a decision made at a time of crisis in the country and the people who made the decisions felt they were doing what was best in the interest of the country. Using their logic today of prosecutions maybe we should go back and prosecute Abraham Lincoln and Franklin Roosevelt in absentia for what they did in the civil war and WWII.

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm down with the come together thing, but i'll be the first to say that frauds not my president. He might be yours and whoever else said that but i will never consider him president. I will only consider him what he is, a usurper of the constitution.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    It takes all kinds to make the world go around. As a Christian I am not happy with the caricature of BHO as the Messiah. I wish he had done the same with BHO and Mohammed. The muslims would riot, burn down, and destroy every thing in sight. Not to mention the bounty on his head. It does not take balls to insult Christians. I'm curious to see how the main stream media reports this.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    It takes all kinds to make the world go around. As a Christian I am not happy with the caricature of BHO as the Messiah. I wish he had done the same with BHO and Mohammed. The muslims would riot, burn down, and destroy every thing in sight. Not to mention the bounty on his head. It does not take balls to insult Christians. I'm curious to see how the main stream media reports this.

They won't.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I'm down with the come together thing, but i'll be the first to say that frauds not my president. He might be yours and whoever else said that but i will never consider him president. I will only consider him what he is, a usurper of the constitution.

I don't see how you can't call him president. He won the election. As much partisan politics there are today, if he really wasn't legally the president, then there would be a bigger stink from the republicans.

So far, I feel disappointed, but Bush disappointed me too. :wtc:

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA

Don't get me wrong I think BHO will go down in history as one of the worst presidents in history. He has no right being where he is other than riding the "anyone but Bush" hysteria that was sweeping the country. I'm only saying that as the duly elected president, I was willing to give him a limited time to show if he would be different like he said or not. I'd do that with whomever got elected out of everyone running. Well, time is up and he's just what I figured- another politician pandering to his base and screwing the average citizen like us. The best we can hope is to hold on until 2010 and maybe get some people in that will think like we do.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Don't get me wrong I think BHO will go down in history as one of the worst presidents in history. He has no right being where he is other than riding the "anyone but Bush" hysteria that was sweeping the country. I'm only saying that as the duly elected president, I was willing to give him a limited time to show if he would be different like he said or not. I'd do that with whomever got elected out of everyone running. Well, time is up and he's just what I figured- another politician pandering to his base and screwing the average citizen like us. The best we can hope is to hold on until 2010 and maybe get some people in that will think like we do.

I agree.

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Come on now! Do I really have to post this.

Watch past the beginning w/ the guy talking about the company that produced this to lawyer and the lawsuit.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTs1YyhFRg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH4GX3Otf14[/ame]

According to the Constitution he's not my president! And I will never call him that no matter what these two sided elections produce.

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    And I don't know what other proof you want then that cus Obama's not gonna come up and say, "Hey guys, I lied. I'm not actually a natural born citizen of the united states. Or the other case even if he was born here, "Hey guys, my mom gave up my citizenship to my stepfather years ago when i was a boy so under constitutional guidelines I can't be the President."

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    And I don't know what other proof you want then that cus Obama's not gonna come up and say, "Hey guys, I lied. I'm not actually a natural born citizen of the united states. Or the other case even if he was born here, "Hey guys, my mom gave up my citizenship to my stepfather years ago when i was a boy so under constitutional guidelines I can't be the President."

There are several lawsuits working their way through to force him to prove his citizenship (or lack thereof). We've got to have faith there are still some judges and others who believe in right and wrong and will get the facts regarding this. Otherwise we have anarchy. If they show him to be a fraud, I'll be one of the first wanting to head to Washington to help move him out of America's White House (along with many others, I'm sure). That's why this painting bugged me so much. It intentionally makes you draw a line in the sand and doesn't leave much room for the middle. The group that always seems to get squeezed out.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    There are several lawsuits working their way through to force him to prove his citizenship (or lack thereof). We've got to have faith there are still some judges and others who believe in right and wrong and will get the facts regarding this. Otherwise we have anarchy. If they show him to be a fraud, I'll be one of the first wanting to head to Washington to help move him out of America's White House (along with many others, I'm sure). That's why this painting bugged me so much. It intentionally makes you draw a line in the sand and doesn't leave much room for the middle. The group that always seems to get squeezed out.

Yep, if he is proven to not be a US citizen, his election would be null and void. It hasn't been proven yet.

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    :confused: It doesn't have jack to do with what any of "us" say, it has to do with what plenty of other people who claim they were there when it happened say...

I'd suggest those "other people" call Otis... I don't think their elevator is stopping on every floor. :D

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

Yep, if he is proven to not be a US citizen, his election would be null and void. It hasn't been proven yet.

I will never consider this ....whatever adjective you want to use...as my president either.

To LouisianaAKman thankyou my brother in the whale for standing with me. May the B.O.W. be with you.lol (I can see this getting sent to asylum already.)

To the other two all he has to do(which has been doing,spending somewhere over 600 to 800,0000 is the last number i heard) is throw money at it and keep dragging it out in court. With that in mind it could take anywhere from 2 to 4 year(a whole presidential term) before it gets done or if the supreme court decides to hear it. Which I'm imagining they would being the nature of the case, though i could be wrong. Anyhow if he can't just throw a birth certificate up there like McCain did when the whole panama thing came up then that's just as good to me as saying no I'm not a citizen or a citizen that has the legal right to be President. I will say no more on this issue. He's a usurper of the Constitution and a traitor and I will never call him "My President".

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    Gosh. Strawman baiting, goalpost moving "arguments" whose logic could be likely be bested by a slightly brighter-than-average two-year-old... coupled with mildly racist rants, and "He never gonna be my Pwesident... Waaah!"...

Somehow, I would have expected better from a site devoted to the idea that mature adults are capable of owning and bearing firearms responsibly. Now I'm not so sure.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    I'd suggest those "other people" call Otis... I don't think their elevator is stopping on every floor. :D

Well, one of them is his Aunt who claim she witnessed it first hand. Not sure why she'd have a reason... :squint:

Edit:
    Somehow, I would have expected better from a site devoted to the idea that mature adults are capable of owning and bearing firearms responsibly. Now I'm not so sure.

Hahaha, you clearly haven't seen my thread in the Assylum yet.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom