Nutria hunting/trapping/killing them all!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Poopshooter

Join the Resistance
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Walker town USA
    There is a big ditch right behind my house in walker. The nutria are coming out of the ditch and getting in my
    garden. My garden is done for this year due to them getting in it. I have been shooting them in my yard, but now I want to take it to them. The ditch is on public land. Do I need a trappers permit or just a small game? Can I just kill the hell outta them without a permit? 5 bucks a tail and there being 100 or more I'd like to get paid if I could, where do you turn the tails in at close to walker?
    Any help is welcome. Thanks.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I would love to come out and donate some lead to the cause when my .223 can comes in, I don't care about the $$$. I think wildlife and fisheries actually put in a nutria season this year. I thought the goal was eradication, not management.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I looked this up the other day...

nutria
    On WMAs and private property, nutria may be taken recreationally by licensed hunters from Sept. 1 - Feb. 29, during legal shooting hours by any legal hunting method with a daily limit of five, EXCEPT nutria may be taken on Atchafalaya Delta, Salvador/
    Timken, Pointe Aux Chenes, and Pass a Loutre WMAs from Sept. 1 to March 31.

When taken with a shotgun, steel shot must be used. On WMAs during waterfowl seasons, nutria may be taken only by the use of shotguns with shot not larger than F steel; during gun deer seasons on WMAs, anyone taking nutria must display 400 square inches of “Hunter Orange” and wear a “Hunter Orange” cap or hat. Recreational nutria hunters must remove each nutria carcass in whole condition from the hunting area, EXCEPT that nutria may be gutted.

Possession of detached nutria parts, including nutria tails, by recreational hunters is illegal. Nutria harvested recreationally may not be pelted nor may such nutria or any nutria parts from recreationally
    taken nutria be sold, including the tail.

Trespassing upon private property for the purpose of taking nutria or other fur bearing animals is punishable by fines and
    possible jail time (R.S. 56.265). The Coastwide Nutria Control Program is a separate program and is in no way related to the nutria recreational season. For questions on the Coastwide Nutria Control Program call the New Iberia office: 337-373-0032

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I looked this up the other day...

nutria
    On WMAs and private property, nutria may be taken recreationally by licensed hunters from Sept. 1 - Feb. 29, during legal shooting hours by any legal hunting method with a daily limit of five, EXCEPT nutria may be taken on Atchafalaya Delta, Salvador/
    Timken, Pointe Aux Chenes, and Pass a Loutre WMAs from Sept. 1 to March 31.

When taken with a shotgun, steel shot must be used. On WMAs during waterfowl seasons, nutria may be taken only by the use of shotguns with shot not larger than F steel; during gun deer seasons on WMAs, anyone taking nutria must display 400 square inches of *Hunter Orange* and wear a *Hunter Orange* cap or hat. Recreational nutria hunters must remove each nutria carcass in whole condition from the hunting area, EXCEPT that nutria may be gutted.

Possession of detached nutria parts, including nutria tails, by recreational hunters is illegal. Nutria harvested recreationally may not be pelted nor may such nutria or any nutria parts from recreationally
    taken nutria be sold, including the tail.

Trespassing upon private property for the purpose of taking nutria or other fur bearing animals is punishable by fines and
    possible jail time (R.S. 56.265). The Coastwide Nutria Control Program is a separate program and is in no way related to the nutria recreational season. For questions on the Coastwide Nutria Control Program call the New Iberia office: 337-373-0032

Somebodies brother in law learned how to make money of of rats! Goal should be total eradication, and if you can shoot it, kill it. Even if you are just walking in the woods with your CCW and see one in a ditch, pop that sucker. "Harvest" and "Control" should not be the goal, eradication!

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I will gladly come help, can always use a good moving target. It'll give me a chance to play with my ND-3 target designator

Poopshooter

Join the Resistance
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Walker town USA
    So now you gotta have a permit. I guess I'll just wait for them to come into my yard and bust them. Might even have a killing contest of some kind.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I would love to come out and donate some lead to the cause when my .223 can comes in, I don't care about the $$$. I think wildlife and fisheries actually put in a nutria season this year. I thought the goal was eradication, not management.
    I thought the same about hogs, eradication not management??? Seems LDWF is trying to make a $$$ any way they can !!!! If you wetre set up with the right equipment...Boats and landowner permission you could make a little side change for sure !!

Top Bottom