NY insanity continues...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    *Other kids quit because they can’t keep up,* Gandron said.

There have been times other people being ahead of me in contests spurred me on to beat them. And frequently I did. We have become a nation of lazy, spoiled, pussified whiners who want the prize. But are too lazy to give 110% to get it. Kinda like the presidents Nobel Prize. :rolleyes:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Maybe the librarian isn't happy there aren't more prizes for "pet rock creations."

edit: best rock people creations

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    On the other hand at 51 I would love to be a professional foot ball player. If they would let me try out I think I would be both age and racially discriminated against. Maybe they could give me a three second handicap after the ball is hiked. Around 3 Million per season sounds like a fair salary to me. Let's not forget endorsements. I could be the poster child for Icy Hot rub. Or maybe Brett Favre already has that gig.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I think the librarian is right.

Is there a lawyer here who will (donate of course!) some time to help me draft cease and decist letters to the following?

Bill Gates
    Bob Vogel
    Jerry Miculek
    Randy Pobst
    Ron Jeremy (no, I might be serious about this one...he needs to throw in the towel)
    Brad Pitt
    Anyone Else Who Does Something Better Than Me?

It's bad for my feel-good, and that's no-good.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    So sad but not surprising with the direction our public systems are taking. Everyone needs to be a winner and competition is bad. Award the slackers and punish the ones that try the hardest.

Last edited:

4sooth

enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    This is more of that "equal outcomes for all" crap!. I worked with the local boys club in the early eighties. The director was one of thee "types". He went so far as to take players from one flag football team and put them on another so that all the teams would be "fair" and "equal". He was very frustrated when, in spite of his maneuverings, one or two teams established themselves as superior. He even tried to develop a scoring method which would reward the team which did not score so that they would not feel inferior. A nutcase for sure.

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    He should agree to step aside from the competition if they would rename it the "Tyler Weaver is the best reader, we made him quit, see if you can compete with the other losers" Summer Reading Competition.

Top Bottom