Obama Collecting Web Users' Data

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    Let me see if I understand correctly. The White House is obligated to keep any info that is sent it's way. But, the executive branch cannot actively go out and search for info in a tab keeping manner. So Obama has found a workaround in which they contract a third party to go out and compile selective info and then submit it to the White House which they must keep recored of?

I still don't see how this is legal. If the above is correct, then they are purposefully circumventing the law to illegaly compile info on those that don't agree with the administration.

One step closer to the edge of the abyss.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Let me see if I understand correctly. The White House is obligated to keep any info that is sent it's way. But, the executive branch cannot actively go out and search for info in a tab keeping manner. So Obama has found a workaround in which they contract a third party to go out and compile selective info and then submit it to the White House which they must keep recored of?

I still don't see how this is legal. If the above is correct, then they are purposefully circumventing the law to illegaly compile info on those that don't agree with the administration.

One step closer to the edge of the abyss.

It's the same way they were planning on registering firearms. Just force all sales to go through an FFL and force all FFLs to keep record of all sales ever and make those records available to .gov at any time. The goverment isn't actually keeping the records, so they aren't actually breaking the law.

At least that is how they see it.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    motivator92dde8886725960dc68e680850.jpg

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    It's the same way they were planning on registering firearms. Just force all sales to go through an FFL and force all FFLs to keep record of all sales ever and make those records available to .gov at any time. The goverment isn't actually keeping the records, so they aren't actually breaking the law.

At least that is how they see it.

It's like saying "I didn't kill that person, I hired a hitman to do it." This is a sick joke.

Oh and Born4spd I am not a fan of the patriot act, nor a blind Bush supporter. He did his share of damage too.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I even joke about being on the list. After almost every policital post I make on Facebook, I usually follow it with "...and that should put me one notch higher on the watch list.".

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/ele...ma-collecting-web-users-data/?test=latestnews

The White House is collecting and storing comments and videos placed on its social-networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube without notifying or asking the consent of the site users, a failure that appears to run counter to President Obama's promise of a transparent government and his pledge to protect privacy on the Internet, the Washington Times reported.

Marc Rotenberg, president of the Electronic Privacy Information Center, said the White House signaled that it would insist on open dealings with Internet users and, in fact, should feel obliged to disclose that it is collecting such information.

"The White House has not been adequately transparent, particularly on how it makes use of new social media techniques, such as this example," he said.

Defenders of the White House actions said the Presidential Records Act requires that the administration gather the information and that it was justified in taking the additional step of asking a private contractor to "crawl and archive" all such material. Nicholas Shapiro, a White House spokesman, declined to say when the practice began or how much the new contract would cost.

Susan Cooper, a spokeswoman for National Archives and Records Administration, said the presidential records law applies to "social media" and to public comments "received by the president or immediate staff."
    If only this was just beginning... It was being done during the past Administration and I'm certain it was being done under Clinton...

Top Bottom