Obama sending SWAT to inspect offshore rigs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Obama just announced he is sending SWAT teams to inspect all (it sounded like) offshore drilling rigs in the Gulf......Guess we will hear more later...

At any rate- Janet Napolitano is coming with them, so hide your bumper stickers.:rolleyes:
    Now, I just want to let you know that my tinfoil hat is not on too tight but what if this was a terrorist thing. And we are right on the heels of a coal mine disaster. This whole thing has been strange. first Obama is saying that this will not change his opinion on offshore drilling (you know he would love to put the knife in the heart of that industry but he doesn't say anything) the next thing he is sending out swat teams to inspect rigs,... for what?... Blow-out -preventors???
    Just saying ,...The administratrion is still not calling Ft. Hood a terrorist attack.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, before you jump to conclusions I've not heard anything about THE CAUSE of the disaster.

Tangoes, perhaps???

Or perhaps that is just a cover... I dunno. But suspected "foul play" from day one.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, before you jump to conclusions I've not heard anything about THE CAUSE of the disaster.

Tangoes, perhaps???

Or perhaps that is just a cover... I dunno. But suspected "foul play" from day one.

Like someone said earlier, my tinfoil hate isn't on too tight, either- but would it be totally, completely impossible for someone from the lunatic fringe evironmentalist movement (for example) to go to whatever lengths to fight offshore drilling? Not saying this is what happened- "just sayin'".

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "tin foil" comment is merely a catch all phrase for "I don't wish to think very hard" from my perspective. At least most of the time it is.

What I am proposing is that we don't know what the gov't knows about what caused it. I don't think it was someone onboard but you and I are not privy to Intel Briefs so it may not be what you suggest. I, on the other hand, am VERY much aware of geopolitical powerplays ("tin foil hat area"?) of ALL sides.

Funny, how too many people broadly accept conspiratorial allegations against "one side" but label them "tin foil" concepts when the allegations are made against another. Just sayin'...

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Check out the following tidbit: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/30/u-s-coast-guard-responding-to-overturned-oil-rig/

U.S. Coast Guard responding to overturned oil rig

The U.S. Coast Guard said Friday it was responding to an overturned oil rig in an inland canal near Morgan City, Louisiana.

The rig is not leaking fuel at this time, the Coast Guard said, but 500 feet of containment boom has been deployed around the rig as a precaution.

The mobile inland drilling unit overturned in the Charenton navigational canal, the Coast Guard said.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "tin foil" comment is merely a catch all phrase for "I don't wish to think very hard" from my perspective. At least most of the time it is.

What I am proposing is that we don't know what the gov't knows about what caused it. I don't think it was someone onboard but you and I are not privy to Intel Briefs so it may not be what you suggest. I, on the other hand, am VERY much aware of geopolitical powerplays ("tin foil hat area"?) of ALL sides.

Funny, how too many people broadly accept conspiratorial allegations against "one side" but label them "tin foil" concepts when the allegations are made against another. Just sayin'...

Ok, but the tin foil comment wasn't thrown at you or your comment. I'm open to any possibilities on this, as well.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Check out the following tidbit: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/30/u-s-coast-guard-responding-to-overturned-oil-rig/

U.S. Coast Guard responding to overturned oil rig

The U.S. Coast Guard said Friday it was responding to an overturned oil rig in an inland canal near Morgan City, Louisiana.

The rig is not leaking fuel at this time, the Coast Guard said, but 500 feet of containment boom has been deployed around the rig as a precaution.

The mobile inland drilling unit overturned in the Charenton navigational canal, the Coast Guard said.

Interesting comments on the article.....

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Interesting comments on the article.....
    I'm glad you read them. [though many are not well thought out at freakin' all] I don't think I know everything but I'm open to everything especially since I am not present when most things occur. I try not to discount those who do witness or are closer to the event than I am.

I DO believe that powerful people plan and do delude we the people for their own personal interest - Money and Power. I also know that you and I will go through great lengths to accomplish things and so will they. They also have greater resources than we do.

There will be those who will press full avantage of any incident to further their agenda and this disaster is no different. Whether or not "the Koreans", "the Iranians", "the Venezuelans" or "elements within our own Gov't" or "negligence on the part of the operators" caused the incident you and I both know damned well that this will be used to cow the Obama Administration from further drilling as I'm sure FL will balk at the idea now...

I don't buy the "suicide sub" aspect of the "Sorcha" story. Why die with the rig? Maybe "Sorcha" is providing bits and pieces... I've no proof one way or another but when we look at ALL that's in the public domain I think/feel/sense there is more to the whole story. Much more that we'll never obtain 100% confirmable truth. But that's okay, I don't expect them to ever tell the whole truth. :mamoru:

Last edited:

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    This happening on earth day really bothers me, other than that the N. Korea story is hard to swallow. As much as the establishment likes war, I'd think they'd be all over this if it were true.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Many will balk uncontrollably at this link but I follow everything I can and then choose to make up my mind about things:

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1367.htm\

I don't know what happened and I haven't taken the time to investigate any of the links provided. But I soon shall.

Interesting, nonetheless.

Dam, that is a scary story, I have more reason to beleive it than not considering the current state of affairs

I'm looking too, if this really happened..........it's the biggest oh s*it since 911

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dam, that is a scary story, I have more reason to beleive it than not considering the current state of affairs

I'm looking too, if this really happened..........it's the biggest oh s*it since 911

I wouldn't believe ALL of it. Covert Act of War? I think so. By whom? I dunno. North Korea? Possibly, with the torpedo incident earlier... We had a mine explosion as did China. Then the Polish plane crash killing it's top gov't officials. The Moscow bombing - which occurred underneath FSB (ex-KGB) offices..., unrest in Chechnya, Kyrgyzstan, Thailand, the Ukraine decision to allow Russia to have access to the naval port... I follow and layout every BIG thing that happens and when events like this happen one MAY be able to figure out SOME of what may be going on.

Tit for tat. Sure. Definitely in the realm of "High Probability".

Using a nuclear device to seal the leak? I dunno about that one and I tend to disbelieve it even though the temps of a nuke blast will fuse rock. It may also rip a gapin fissure allowing more (radioactive) oil to make its way to the surface and into our eco system.

The Earth Day timing is a CLUE also.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This happening on earth day really bothers me, other than that the N. Korea story is hard to swallow. As much as the establishment likes war, I'd think they'd be all over this if it were true.
    Unless the recognize that China and Russia would rally in support of N. Korea... therefore keep the facts close to the chest. And respond covertly.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    So I read somewhere that Obama sent "SWAT" teams from MMS. Could this be something different from "special weapons and tactics"?

My dads contracted out to Shell as we speak. I think he would tell me if some armed guys were scheduled to inspect the rig.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So I read somewhere that Obama sent "SWAT" teams from MMS. Could this be something different from "special weapons and tactics"?

My dads contracted out to Shell as we speak. I think he would tell me if some armed guys were scheduled to inspect the rig.
    No, he meant DHS and MJTF (Multi-Jurisdictional Task Forces - Fed, State, Local teams). Some of this has been rumored to be taking place now. Not sure what that implies, though...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    If I'm gettin the message correctly, there is a NWO that wants to own and enslave the USA.......among others, we can visit a bunch of websites and probably ID them, how is the destruction of the Gulf Coast, the bankruptcy of the citizenry, the wide spread military prescence that may accompany this "Massive Economic Disaster ", how could all these things play into a collapse of the economy from short term oil depletion happen ??

Dam.........

Well, fuel at an all time hi, business failing from all the economic stimulus + can't afford short term fuel and supplies ( supplies will spike because of fuel shortage ) massive unrest, no tourism,

National Guard being deployed...........hey, I'm giving myself a headache

Ya'll run with this if ya wanna

Shut up Dawg

Shut up Dawg

Shut up Dawg

Wop in bak of head from Ms dawg

Ya'll ignore him....he's been on Prison Planet again
    If ya go there you will see why he's so nutz
    Signed Ms dawg

http://prisonplanet.tv/

Top Bottom