OC with CHP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    I've been told by more than one source that this isn't legal. I couldn't find that in the text of the statute. Anyone know?

Last edited:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If open carrying is legal, why do people bother with a CCW except for not wanting the attention?
    My dad, a former LEO, said if a cop really wants to, he can consider the holster to be concealing part of the gun, therefore you'd be carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.

Edit: This thread answers my question. http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873593
    Now I have another. If OC is legal, why in the hell is concealed carrying illegal?

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    If open carrying is legal, why do people bother with a CCW except for not wanting the attention?

There's a lot of back and forth right here on this board about that subject. It has been very well covered by both sides.

My dad, a former LEO, said if a cop really wants to, he can consider the holster to be concealing part of the gun, therefore you'd be carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.

Pull that with the wrong person in LA and he'd likely find himself court (no matter what your fellings are on OC).

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge

Your dad is wrong.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Pull that with the wrong person in LA and he'd likely find himself court (no matter what your fellings are on OC).

In another thread from the LA carry website someone said that there is no definite amount of the gun that has to be showing. It would up to a jury (or judge) to decide if you meant to conceal or not.
    Here it is: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum26/15906.html

My dad doesn't care. He was only saying what could be considered concealed.

Last edited:

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    In another thread from the LA carry website someone said that there is no definite amount of the gun that has to be showing. It would up to a jury to decide if you meant to conceal or not.

My dad doesn't care. He was only saying what could be considered concealed.

If he considers that concealed and tried slap 14.95 on someone, your dad may find he way in a court soon. LA does not have the stupid law that MS has saying that a holster conceals a weapon. When in a holster and out in the open, it is clearly identified as a gun.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If he considers that concealed and tried slap 14.95 on someone, your dad may find he way in a court soon. LA does not have the stupid law that MS has saying that a holster conceals a weapon. When in a holster and out in the open, it is clearly identified as a gun.

You don't read posts very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rmsize
    Top Bottom