Odd 1934 Ishevsk 91/30

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Well here is a strange one

Thia is the first Hex receiver 91/30 that I ever got. I think I ordered it from AIM Surplus.
    All of the numbers match and it has a great bore.

10gfu5y.jpg

10wlnb8.jpg

It's a 1934 barrel,
    10zv6gh.jpg

1jmcn4.jpg

2j5fkp2.jpg

The tang appeares to be stamped 1933.
    23kf70w.jpg

This is the strange thing. The right side of the receiver is cut forward a little more then the left side and there are two holes drilled and taped in it. This was done before it was refurbed. Has anyone ever seen this before?

9qdzic.jpg

v75s2w.jpg

jrctck.jpg

Here are some pic's of the receiver in the stock.
    v65it4.jpg

2e0ol08.jpg

Here is something else that is odd on the rifle, there is a number stamped on the under side of the barrel forward of the front sight.

28qu9tw.jpg

The guys at Gunboards are stumped on this rifle. One of the guys said that the Russians were playing around with different scopes and sights in the mid. 30's and that this rifle might have been used for testing out new sights.

PherBag

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Abita Springs
    I have 1931 Izhevsk Finn capture 91-30 with the exact same threaded holes. The holes are a little higher up and can be seen with the stock on. I thought I had a one-of-a-kind, guess not though.

I remember reading something years ago about a training aid attached to the side for the instructer to see the soldier's aim. I can't remember if it was for the MN's or some other rifle. I tried to find the article again, but couldn't.

The location of the holes seems like what ever was put there would have got in the way of the bolt.

Can you post a link to the gunboards thread about your rifle?

Top Bottom