Oil-Less Turkey Fryer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    My wife got me one for Christmas. Big Easy model 1600 series, runs on propane. It doesn't actually "fry" a turkey it roasts the bird, which isn't bad. What I really like is lack of mess and easy clean-up. And the turkey does taste good. I inject it and season the inside and outside just like I was going to fry it and it comes out great. But the thing I discovered it cooks really well is pork roast. Got a 8 pound Boston Butt, stuffed it with garlic, green onion and seasoned the outside with Toney's, dropped it in the basket and cooked it until the internal temperature was 160 degrees. Just followed the directions that came with it. Let me tell you that roasting process made the best roast I have ever put in my mouth. Tasted like the pork cooked cochon de lait style....GOOD! It took about 3.5 hours to cook, but it was cold outside and I kept taking it out to check the internal tempt. What really surprised me was how tender the meat became.

If you got one of these cookers try a pork roast...I'm going to try a beef roast next and will report on outcome.

Gary

HAMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Bogalusa
    I would love to here the outcome of the beef roast,i been wanting to do some cornish hens in mine but haven't yet when i do ill also share the outcome.

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    You gotta try a bone in pork loin seasoned with Tones Rosemary Garlic, its killer.
    Tip I take dry seasoning and add a stick of melted butter and let that soak together for a half hour so the seasoning doesn't burn.

JSNH

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Prairieville
    Try putting a small chicken in the bottom and a pork roast over it. The flavor from the pork dripping down on the chicken is great.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    We have one. I prefer the way the oven cooks things over the infrared fryers. Less mess too.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Love ours. We keep one at the deer camp and will put a big back leg roast in it from a morning's kill. Stuff it with garlic, cajun butter injection, rub the outside down with tony's and lay bacon over it. Put it on at 3pm and it's ready by the time we get back from the evening hunt.

Top Bottom