Ok I need help here! Either a P22 or a Sig 22lr Mosquito

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    Ok I need real good advice i hear the P22 is Great but some issues then I here the Sig is good and I like that one too but i hear some bad stuff too. I need help cause i am gonna get one prolly at the Slidell gun show.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Ok I need real good advice i hear the P22 is Great but some issues then I here the Sig is good and I like that one too but i hear some bad stuff too. I need help cause i am gonna get one prolly at the Slidell gun show.

Well, I would offer to let you shoot both, but I'm afraid I wont be able to get to the range this weekend. I'd Go P22, Buckmark, then Sig last.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    i got to agree my p22 is a fun little gun to shoot and has become my pocket rocket when i walk my dogs,,so far the only isue i have had with it is the ammo not firearm,,everyonce in a wile a round wont have enough pop to let it cycle right,one flick of the wrist and alls well,,, i have yet to have any problems with cci stingers only sometimes when shooting cheapper ammo

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    My life loves her P22. I shoot it occasionally but she has put about 1000 rounds through it. We have had one failure to feed and one failure to eject using cheap 550 bulk from Wal-Mart. Not a single problem with Mini Mags. I got it from Florida Gun exchange for $279 w/free shipping not to long ago.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm also a member of the www.sigforum.com . Even people who're huge fans of sig have a tough time liking the Mosquito. I don' t own one. But on that forum they say buy either the Buckmark or the Ruger first. I have no opinion on the Walther.

Dave

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    i dont know if this helps,or matter in your choice,but i bought it for my daughter who is 7,,she can work the slide,load and drop the mag and work the safety,with no issues,its small enough for her hands but big enough for mine to shoot comfortably and not feel like a toy.....only down side is it only comes with 2 mags

NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    I love my mosquito. They redid the pistol about 10 months ago. The new version starts with serial number F. Old vs is A. 299$ at academy with 1 mag. Academy sells SIG brand mags for 29$.
    I also have the p22 but I like the sig better.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    i got to agree my p22 is a fun little gun to shoot and has become my pocket rocket when i walk my dogs,,so far the only isue i have had with it is the ammo not firearm,,everyonce in a wile a round wont have enough pop to let it cycle right,one flick of the wrist and alls well,,, i have yet to have any problems with cci stingers only sometimes when shooting cheapper ammo

I went shoot my p22 and this happened once or twice in 3 mags with the cheap bulk pack but with the more expesive ammo I didnt have any problems. Other then the cheap ammo not ejecting a few times, I have not had any other problems.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    did i mention that all i've ever shot out of mine is the cheapest bulk pack i can find? that lil gun rocks.

Last edited:

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    yea i shoot a lot of block ammo and its maybe a round or so out of a couple hundred that fail to eject properly,,and you can tell when it pops off its the ammo not a fire arm malfunction

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I dont think I have had 1 malfunction with my P22, and I shoot a LOT of the Fed Bulk pack from wal-mart out of it. There has been a few times that it has not locked the slide on the last round, but no FTF/FTE's. Cannot say the same for the Sig.

Top Bottom