Old guy needs form 1 help

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    hi y’all, it’s been roughly 10 years since I’ve been to this forum and my last form 1 was done in 2016. I’ve gotten out of the nfa since the passport photo/fingerprints rule came into effect. I’ve kicked my wife off the new trust as trustee and listed her as a beneficiary, now I can get back into the game. I’ve researched everywhere on filling out the form but haven’t found anything relating specifically to our state. I’m seeing all kinds of new things added and it absolutely intimidates me.

So my first question: I see a Cleo section has been added. do I have to send one copy to LSP?

Second: how many passport photos/fingerprint cards do I have to send? One to LSP and one to ATF?

Third: I remember I had to print the form 1 on front and back, does that rule still apply?

I was thinking of getting a pcc and need to sbr it. So much has changed since my last form 1. I was also thinking of letting meplat handling it but I feel it’s something I need to learn to do. It would be great to be approved without any rejections and any help/advice would be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance in taking your time to help. I am indeed a noob again.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    Good questions.
    Maybe an idea, go see Kenny @Meplat and let him walk you thru this form, to get the hang of it, and then do your own subsequent forms ?
    I’m gonna have to get my prints/photo reprinted from him anyways so I’ll get some advice from him. I’m worried about spending more than I intend to if I walk into his shop.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I’m gonna have to get my prints/photo reprinted from him anyways so I’ll get some advice from him. I’m worried about spending more than I intend to if I walk into his shop.
    You better come to terms with it now. You will. Leave all credit cards at home, in a box, with a lock, and a dog guarding them. You are gonna buy something :)

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    Every time I go in to Meplat, they get all the necessary steps done right and answer all my dumb questions patiently. They stock a nice variety of cans so it's very easy to get carried away. I've bought several NFA items though them and have been talked out of more bad purchases (like an enormous multical can) than I've been talked in to.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    Every time I go in to Meplat, they get all the necessary steps done right and answer all my dumb questions patiently. They stock a nice variety of cans so it's very easy to get carried away. I've bought several NFA items though them and have been talked out of more bad purchases (like an enormous multical can) than I've been talked in to.
    IMG_4247.jpeg

They go hard on the free swag too

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Hahaha. We try to be as helpful as we can. We can actually draft and submit your F1 for you for $100+pics/prints and stamp. Last I heard they are running about six weeks. Unless you really enjoy government paperwork it falls into the category of things that would be cheap at twice the price.

Also if you already have your pics/prints/trust on file we can do it without you even coming in. Just text clear pics of all of the markings (make/model/serial/city and state of manufacture) to 504-556-2000 and tell us what barrel length and caliber you want it registered in. My staff will then call you for credit card payment over the phone and then you will get a docusign of the drafted documents. Once you’ve signed that you just need to check your mailbox in six weeks or so for the approved form because we take care of everything else.

Top Bottom