Older Beretta Questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I've been looking at purchasing an older 92FS Centurion. I located one, but when I run the serial # in the Beretta website it says it's a "92F 9mm Tactical Cent" It doesnt say it's and FS. The slide on the pistol in question depicts a 92FS. Did they even make a 92 F in a Centurion is my question? Could the Beretta site be wrong? Could the slide have been swapped? I now have more questions than answers unfortunately. The Model # on the site says "SPEC0277A" with a manufacture date of 1998. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not sure about whatever label or stock number they’re giving the pistol on the site but if it was produced in 1998 it’s a FS and would be basically the same pistol as they produce today, maybe better (all steel parts) as opposed to the truly older models like the helwan brigadier, 92S, 92SB, etc., that use different mags, grips, etc. Also, look for the decocker. Some pics or screenshots of what you’re looking at would help a lot.
    Generally speaking, the 92FS is from the 92F group.

Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    I have a 1997 Centurion, and the right slide says "MOD 92FS Centurion...

Beretta sure confuses me when they also use Centurion for 92G and 92APX models.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have a 1997 Centurion, and the right slide says "MOD 92FS Centurion...

Beretta sure confuses me when they also use Centurion for 92G and 92APX models.
    Haha! It gets better!
    The 92FS Centurion is a compact slide and barrel on a Full Size frame. So the FS stands for Full Size? But it’s not…but wait, the 92X! Oh man I’ve heard it all and Beretta does seem to leave a lot up to speculation. I love them.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Someone needs to make a ez chart with all these damn differences. I sell the things for a living and I couldn't even name all the differences off top!

Top Bottom