On Lynching George Zimmerman

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    ... interesting comments from a black author

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Zimmerman.shtml

If the United State had large numbers of manual jobs that paid a living wage, as for example assembling cars, things might not be so bad. But the United States no longer has many such jobs. The economy has no need for huge numbers of people who read at the level of second-graders, if that. The existence of these people is a fact. When such jobs exist, as for example on police forces, better qualified whites are invariably available. Without remedial intervention, the academic and professional worlds, the managerial ranks of blue-collar trades, would turn almost pure white, and there would be actual hunger in the inner cities.

Read the rest...it ain't long

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    From my experience the 2nd grade reading level isn't far wrong. I have seen a large number of white and non white with horrible reading levels. Not unusual to see high school grads who can't read a simple instruction sheet.

I do agree with the author though that the inner city black guys have a harder time with anything technical, reading included.

Then after working in the school system for years I have a whole new understanding of the education problem. There is little or no discipline in the predominately black schools. AND as the numbers decrease and the schools become more white the discipline goes up.

I can't explain this, only saw it. Maybe from the chaotic life styles of a lot of inner city families.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I never gave any thoughts to schools until I had children of my own. My kids are & will be going to private school.

Why? It's not the teachers. It's because of their classmates. Like YrDawg said, it's about discipline. Children learn better is a controlled environment. Public schools are full of undisciplined students. But is it the teacher's fault? NO!!!

It's the parent's fault.

90% of a good education is the result of what happens at home. All the parents of the private schools my children attend are as active as they can possibly be with both the school and their kids. Teachers only present the knowledge...It's up to the parents to reinforce the lessons and foster a desire to be educated. Kids will turn out as good or bad as their parents want them to, regardless of intelligence or teachers.

Good article.

Please file me as a "..bring it on.." guy.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I know a Mathematics teacher in the Texas public school system. Masters degree. She stated that because of the lack of discipline and the disrespect the minority students show towards the teachers has caused her to decide to leave teaching all together. For the few that want to learn but who are so overwhelmed by the many that don't, she is unable to continue as it is. It's a shame.

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    the reality.

i have attended public and private schools
    i know children who have attended both

some public school systems are are better, some private. just because its private doesn't make it better.

IMHO the problem is parents who refuse to participate in the education of their children. part of that problem is how can you expect a parent who reads on the 2nd grade level to function and help their 4th grade child? the schools and teachers are incapable of raising, disciplining children. and the problem as i see it is that people expect SCHOOLS to RAISE their children.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    the reality.

i have attended public and private schools
    i know children who have attended both

some public school systems are are better, some private. just because its private doesn't make it better.

IMHO the problem is parents who refuse to participate in the education of their children. part of that problem is how can you expect a parent who reads on the 2nd grade level to function and help their 4th grade child? the schools and teachers are incapable of raising, disciplining children. and the problem as i see it is that people expect SCHOOLS to RAISE their children.

^THIS^ on all accounts. I too went to both type schools. My experience was a rough one.
    In 5th grade I got suspended three times that year for fighting. It was also the following year my parents got divorced.
    The following year my mom put me in a Public School across the tracks. The school was 60% Black. I got in 3 fights and was suspended twice in my first 6 weeks there. It didn't improve much from there. I was so shocked at the Chip/Shoulder Ego's that the young black males carried. It was phenomenal.

I say that to say this. The VERY high majority of the young black folks there lived right outside the school in shotgun houses. Maybe had one parent that worked. Even today when I roll through there I see some of these same dudes I fought. Sitting on the very porches their parents sat on probably raising the same type kids.

It seems to be a vicious yet for the vast majority an irreversible cycle.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Ok...now to try to overcome the craznicity of this ...

Been reading this:

http://macquirelatory.com/King%20Alfred's%20Plan.htm

It's not long either, sorta " flamboyant " but it contains some things already accepted and some that we are even agreeing on here in this thread.

Try to read this page and see what parallels you can see to what the author from the OP is saying.

I B Uhmazed.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    ^THIS^ on all accounts. I too went to both type schools. My experience was a rough one.
    In 5th grade I got suspended three times that year for fighting. It was also the following year my parents got divorced.
    The following year my mom put me in a Public School across the tracks. The school was 60% Black. I got in 3 fights and was suspended twice in my first 6 weeks there. It didn't improve much from there. I was so shocked at the Chip/Shoulder Ego's that the young black males carried. It was phenomenal.

I say that to say this. The VERY high majority of the young black folks there lived right outside the school in shotgun houses. Maybe had one parent that worked. Even today when I roll through there I see some of these same dudes I fought. Sitting on the very porches their parents sat on probably raising the same type kids.

Did I already ask if you went to Washington Marion HS ??

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick

Dude, I feel like I could have typed that. Had a very similar experience and made the same observations.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    But of a unique experience here. I graduated public school after thirteen years of being in SPED. Some of the earliest years were spent in resource. It seems that much if the problem we have in any school is traceable directly to the home life. Even the brightest of the gifted seemed to have problems in one way or another.

The school board, the other half of the problem, is not for polite discussion. They made the teachers into secretaries that have a full-time job with the paperwork, and they still have to teach! It is not the fault of the teacher all the time.

I can say, however, there was a sizeable black and Hispanic population at my high school. Seemed that most off not all with slim few exceptions had the white-man-owes-me chip on their shoulder.

(It was fun to mess with them and say that I'm technically a minority because of my disability. :mamoru:
    The almost never got that one.)

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    So... Let me make sure I've got this original article sorted out...

The vast majority of an entire group of Americans are 1) "uneducated", 2) not interested in improving themselves in that regard, 3) blame all of their troubles on an event that ended over 200 years ago, 4) hold all whites (4 generations removed) responsible for that event, 5) constitute a minority in terms of numbers, contribution to society, "high cards", and what not...

And the answer is to lynch a potentially innocent (non-white) man just to keep the lid on the situation for a little while longer?

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

It's a great read, if you just exclude that last sentence.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Sinister, I'm right there with you except for #3.

Slavery was officially ended way back when.....but equality is very very recent. Many alive still remember segregation.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Sinister, I'm right there with you except for #3.

Slavery was officially ended way back when.....but equality is very very recent. Many alive still remember segregation.

Remember it pretty well...water fountains with colored or negro over them

bathrooms ...when they were available ...boys girls and colored or negro

That always made me mad. I really never understood that crap. But I lived this in 50's and early 60's...the media had yet notified me of my serious problem.

Work with another guy all morning and he outworks you...go to lunch and see him told to go around back and eat with his kind.

Disclaimer:
    We were not privlidged to visions of the inner city future. Who knew what was comming...

Sorta puts someone in a position of wanting to trust but just can't, numbers and crime stats don't lie.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom