On the horns of a dilemma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • michiganjfrog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    So, I took some of my income tax return and bought an AR-10. It's a 16 inch bbl with a collapsible stock. I added the MI fold down sights also. I had grand plans for it, but it just doesn't seem like I'll be doing anything to it like I wanted to. Hell, I haven't even shot it yet.

I've been in love with the FAL since I was a boy and saw a Springfield FAL in a gun rag when I was 14 or 15. So what to do? I was thinking of trading the AR, but I don't know if I should. It isn't that I don't like it, I'm just kind of indifferent towards it. I am however, in LOVE with the FAL. I've owned several across the years.

What do you guys think I should do? Keep it or trade it. And if I were to trade, do you think I would find anyone here interested?

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Myself, I would keep it and buy a FAL, it just depends on finances. What would put on the AR as far as price value? What AR is it? And what mags does it accept? I am pretty sure the BUSHY-10 accepted FAL mags.

FAL kit prices are climbing rapidly right now while it seems complete rifle prices are falling just a bit. Apex does have some great deals on German BGS Pre-G1 kits (No Barrel included) I just ordered 2 I think they were like $250.00 plus shipping. Should make some pretty nice rifles once completed. Mine will be built WAY down the road but a nice piece to hold on to for the future.

The Springfield SA-48 and SA-4800 are becoming rare finds and very reasonable at this time IF You find one!
    Complete STG kits are bringing a premium these days about $600+

I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.
    Best of luck!

KT

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom