Ongoing CCW Story from BR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    gross negligence? 5 shots and 5 good hits, sounds like good safe firearms handling to me

+1 gun control at its finest

There is nothing on earth that makes my blood boil like this ****. Everyone (read: degenerates) wants something for nothing these days. Before long poor families are going to start designating a ''get rich child" at birth (we know they have enough to pick from). When they are old enough, they take one so that the family can live happily on my tax dollars.

I work for a power company, and we recently settled with a person for cutting an oak tree. It cost $20,000. They signed an easement saying we had 30' right of way, but the tree in question's trunk was 6' outside of that. I guess they expected us to shave half the tree down the trunk. That would have taken forever, and the tree would have looked like ****. Whatever, I doubt anyone will rush to that house when the power goes out.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Law is in the pipeline that you cannot be held sued in civil court for justifiable homicide. This is to protect JBC and JBT.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    There is a billboard on Airline Highway in Baton Rouge for the Remembering George Temple/ Justice for George Temple. The phone number on it is some guys home number.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Is it possible that a jury in this trial could find for the defendents and further order the plaintiffs to pay a judgement of all court costs, attorneys' fees, and a punitive amount for filing a bogus lawsuit?

I ask because a friend of mine had a judge in a custody case reverse the wife's case against him when the judge caught her in a lie in court. My friend ended up with sole custody and she got restricted visitation rights.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    No. He (from his car) saw the ******* beating the cop senseless, grabbed his 1911, and ran over there.

That's not OC'ing; that's brandishing.

Brandishing a weapon is a confusing subject for me. On one hand, it's bad for someone to use the "fear factor" of a weapon for malcontent. On the other hand, when presenting a firearm discourages the furthering a crime, and no shots are fired. It seems that presentation of the firearm is technically brandishing but in a good way.

Is there such a thing as legal and correct brandishing, i.e presenting of a firearm?

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Don't think so. Not sure, doubly so because so much of Title 14 (the criminal code) is open to "interpretation" by the district attorney and/or his minions.

For instance, pointing a gun at someone, regardless of whether or not the pointee feels threatened, is technically an assault.

As I understand the definition of the term according to West's, brandishing is the display of a weapon; period. As in, holding it in your hand.

Sorry I took so long to answer this; just catching up from a long road trip.

Understood. It just seems that it could be a catch 22 situation.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    No. He (from his car) saw the ******* beating the cop senseless, grabbed his 1911, and ran over there.

That's not OC'ing; that's brandishing.

I heard it was a SIG?

charlie12 added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

He got justice. You do that to a LEO while he's trying to do his job, you die. Simple don't fight don't die.

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I heard it was a SIG?

charlie12 added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

He got justice. You do that to a LEO while he's trying to do his job, you die. Simple don't fight don't die.
    Well it was a .45 from all the reports I've found.

:)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I guess what's going to be important is that he stopped shooting before the gun was empty. When I heard he fired 5 shots, I assumed he was carrying a snub revolver and emptied it. It shows a certain amount of control if he shot until the zombie stopped then he stopped firing... as a juror that would kill the 'he's a crazed killer' argument for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom