Only with the IRS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Only with the IRS are you guilty until proved innocent. I got a letter a few months ago informing me that I hadn't paid my taxes. I checked my records and I had sent them a check and they cashed it. I spent an hour on the phone and the answer given was that it probably hasn't been credited to my account yet. The office that does that is behind due to the virus. Got another letter last week informing me that I still owed for my taxes. Another hour on the phone and was told that it must have been deposited in the wrong place and my account wasn't credited. Now I have to make an appointment with the office in Houma and bring a copy of the front and back of the check so they can see where they put the funds and correct it. And you can't just show up, have to make an appointment.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    The state is no better. I filed an amended tax return in late summer, which resulted from a redistribution of tax from MS to LA. So they got more money, and charged me for late payment. MS even charged me for some reason! Although the change was in the summer and I just pay every letter they send me, I have paid relatively small amounts 3 times since I paid the tax due! Will it ever end? My accountant said we can argue but fighting will cost more than you would save. I guess it is better to owe taxes than be broke...

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I checked it this morning with intentions of making an appointment if necessary. They cleared the tax amount, but left the penalties and interest. Guess I have to call them back. It's only $2.18, but they making it personal.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Some years ago the IRS claimed a mistake was made and we owed a little over $400 plus intrest and late fees from about 4 years prior. As luck would have it that year we had recieved a $700 overpayment refund for the year in dispute. But since I could not find that years paperwork to document our records we were forced to pay up. .................................... drill sgt.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    back in 2014-15 I had to pay $1100 and 1200 extra cause I made 6 figures and my wife didn't even make 40k, so even saying single for both of us, and all our deductions still ended up owing. Second time, I got a letter that since I underpaid 2 years in a row, I owe $8 (yes $8) in penalties for under paying twice. Yes yes, cause 30k each year was not enough you need another $8.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I asked if they would pay any bank fees for the copy of the check. She told me I could fill out a form, but they probably wouldn't pay me back. The bank didn't charge me.

Believe it or not, this kind of crap is why I always file paper forms and keep copies. If I have to pay, I print out the electronic version of my check as soon as it clears and add that to the folder. I have never lost an IRS argument because I can show them a paper trail that backs me up.

Top Bottom