Open Carry In Rouse's Slidell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Saw my first open carry today at Rouse's - maybe I've been living under a rock, but other than the range, I have not seen any open carry in public.

Wearing shorts, polo shirt tucked in, and button retention holster.

Very neat, compact and discrete - he had checked out, so apparently no one freaked seeing him with an exposed gun.

Is open carry that "common" and I just don't notice ?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I think I've only seen it a couple times in Lafayette, "in the wild" and it was pretty professional looking people neatly dressed.

I've done it, before I got my CHP, but didn't ever have anyone freak out. Couple people asked if I was a cop. No one was bothered by the fact that I wasn't, though a time or two it was asked if it was legal.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I saw a group of derps open carrying at chimes in Covington last week. Bet ya'll didn't know Chimes has a Class A beverage permit.

Anyone want to 'fess up?

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    You bet your ass they do. But if they didn't it would not matter one bit. Once ATC designates it, thats all thats needed.

The class a only applies to CHP right?

Granted, i am not sure how you would "know" what percentage someone takes in from alcohol in a legal sense, but for OC, they simply need to not take in 51% from alcohol and you can carry regardless of permit.

That said, most places with a Class AG would sell more liquer right?

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013

Granted, i am not sure how you would "know" what percentage someone takes in from alcohol in a legal sense, but for OC, they simply need to not take in 51% from alcohol and you can carry regardless of permit.

Cite please.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington

LA RS 14:95.5
    http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78744&showback=
    §95.5. Possession of firearm on premises of alcoholic beverage outlet
    A. No person shall intentionally possess a firearm while on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet.
    B. "Alcoholic beverage outlet" as used herein means any commercial establishment in which alcoholic beverages of either high or low alcoholic content are sold in individual servings for consumption on the premises, whether or not such sales are a primary or incidental purpose of the business of the establishment.
    C. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to the owner or lessee of an alcoholic beverage outlet, or to an employee of such owner or lessee, or to a law enforcement officer or other person vested with law enforcement authority acting in the performance of his official duties.
    D. Whoever violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

For OC, LRS 14:95.5 states anywhere that sells alcohol for consumption on premises, whether the amount of alcohol sales is primary or incidental.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Now i'm totally confused - see highlight, then link below:

§95.5. Possession of firearm on premises of alcoholic beverage outlet
    A. No person shall intentionally possess a firearm while on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet.
    B. "Alcoholic beverage outlet" as used herein means any commercial establishment in which alcoholic beverages of either high or low alcoholic content are sold in individual servings for consumption on the premises, whether or not such sales are a primary or incidental purpose of the business of the establishment.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/04/concealed_carry_guns_louisiana.html

I wish everyone could get on the same book, much less same page.

This seems to contradict Subsection 95.5

Any feedback ?

Top Bottom