Opinions on Iphone 5 cases

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    When I got my 5 life proof wasn't available yet, so I got the otter box. I duck hunt and fish alot so once lifeproof came out I got one and my phone has been in it since. The otter box has been in the drawer since. I'll sell it if you want to save a few bucks

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I use the heavy duty otter box. But I don't pocket my phone. It's on the belt clip or placed nearby.

I got the smaller otter box for the wife. She carries it in her purse.

It's hard to say which of us is harder on their phone, but they've been dropped, stepped on, spilled on, chewed on, etc....and still going strong.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    https://www.lunatik.com/products/taktik-extreme-5

I have one of these for my 4S and it's absolutely bulletproof. Worth every penny.

I love the silicone bumper on it, it absorbs all impacts from the side and cushions the phone, and I bought the one with gorilla glass to protect the screen. Well built, only issue I've had is that I had to trim around the headphone jack so I can fit larger diameter headphone plugins.

I just looked at em online and now i want one. Did you buy it locally?

MOTOR51

Crippler7815

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    I ordered mine online when their kickstarter page went up, and it's been pretty great. Not sure if they're actively selling or if they are still doing batches as the orders come in, but it's been the best case I've had thus far. The otterbox got trashed after a month or so, and the silicone stretched after 3 and never made a solid fit after.

My only suggestion is a shot of baby powder on the glass before it all goes together so you don't get any spots on the screen, otherwise it works great.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I have several Lifeproof cases for my 4S, and my wife has her 5 in one. We are very satisfied with them.

The Magpul case is great for $10, but I prefer a waterproof case.

JR1572

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I just looked at em online and now i want one. Did you buy it locally?

MOTOR51

Careful if you use amazon, theirs alot of sellers selling fake knockoffs as the real thing. I was looking into this case and found some bad reviews due to the fakes.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Last edited:

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Wife has a trident on hers, and I have a trident on my 4s. We pulled otterboxes off to put them on and like them much better.
    Close friend got a lifeproof for a 4s and managed to break the back and then the front glass a week later dropping it on a tile floor. She thre the lifeproof away after it was less than 2 weeks old.
    On the 5, the screen replacement is very expensive. Last I checked, cheapest parts available was around $250, compared to about $20 for 4s screen.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I wish lifeproof made cases for droids. One of my coworkers has one and I was impressed. More for the waterproofing than the toughness though.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I liked my lifeproof, but for some reason, my past two have had problems with the silent switch. Very aggravating. Got tired of fighting it and bought another otter box, which is also aggravating....

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I bought an Otterbox Armor Series a month ago. I'm very happy with it. I owned a Lifeproof as well, and believe the Armor is a much tougher case. Just my .02....

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    I use the Belkin Grip candy sheer. It's thin, you can leave the phone face down, and I've dropped my phone about a half dozen times and luckily it hasn't broken anything. I use it in conjunction with a BestSkinsEver front screen shield.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joquinn1234567
    Top Bottom