WTB: or Trade...Anyone have a set of AKM/AK47 stamped receiver wood furniture gathering dust?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    Not too long ago, and completely by surprise, I ended up with an Egyptian Maadi. First AK47 I've ever had, or even held. I still haven't shot it, just picked up a magazine and a couple boxes of ammo.

A previous owner had gone all tacticool on it, with a polymer stock, Ergo grip, quadrail handguards with a couple covers, a bolt-on over-the-top-cover picatinny rail and ....oh the horror.....a thick layer of sparkle paint, enough to "glue" the cleaning rod in place. Sadly, it was a "neutered" gun with the bayonet lug and muzzle threads ground off. Got to figure out how to remedy the lack of a slanted muzzle device.

I'd like to get it back to a traditional combloc/Red Dawn look with laminated wood stock & handguards. I've found a handgrip, and have started stripping off the gooped up sparkle paint, getting it ready for a new finish.

If anyone has a set of wood (preferably the laminate) needing to be re-homed, let me know!

Here's a photo of how it came to me. You can't see the sparkles here, it had to be in the right light and up closer.

IMG_0396[1].jpg

And here's what I would like it to look more like;

red-dawn-WOLVERINES-sb-1-1085554056.jpg

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom