Ordered ammo for AR-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    1 x 500rds - .223 Centurion Military Contract 55gr. FMJ Ammo $169.95

Has anyone used any od this stuff?
    Found good reviews on it.
    Guess I'll find out soon enough.

But they did email and said because of the political mess the shipment will be a day or two late. Too much business for them to keep up with.
    Wonder why? :mamoru::mamoru:

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    I got 500 rds of silver bear hp's coming for $119.95 and some red tracers. :D

I looked at the Silver Bear but the DPMS (the brand of my AR) web site said not to use it because:
    "The problem with this ammunition is that the lacquer coating on the case. As the barrel heats up, the lacquer turns to a soft, varnish substance and upon cool down, becomes very solid and difficult to remove. This effectively creates an undersized chamber and creates understandable problems."

Since my gun is new I thought I would do what they say.
    Who knows? :confused:

Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    I looked at the Silver Bear but the DPMS (the brand of my AR) web site said not to use it because:
    "The problem with this ammunition is that the lacquer coating on the case. As the barrel heats up, the lacquer turns to a soft, varnish substance and upon cool down, becomes very solid and difficult to remove. This effectively creates an undersized chamber and creates understandable problems."

Since my gun is new I thought I would do what they say.
    Who knows? :confused:

i think silver bear is like tin coated steel? no lacquer like the brown bear stuff.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    silver bear is zinc coated steel cased ammo. the lacquer isnt the problem w/ the steel cased ammo, its that the steel doesn't expand to the chamber like brass and allows carbon to build up in the chamber itself. after shooting steel cased ammo, if you use brass, it can expand and stick in the chamber. I have shot a bunch of steel cased ammo, and just scrub my chamber w/ a chamber brush after shooting and dont have any issues.

Top Bottom