"Out of Stock" Inventory Rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Why list pages and pages of inventory that's "sold out"? Having to scroll through pages and pages of guns and ammo with "sold out" banners is frustrating. Lots of webisites do this so maybe it's a common industry tactic? Most of these items never come back in stock, especially surplus guns and cold war era ammo. Thoughts?

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    My guess is that they do not want to take the listing down or delete it and have to rebuild the listing later if they do get some of the stock in and available for sale. In other words, they are lazy is my guess. And yes, it does agrevate me also.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Maybe if they get you on the site you will impulse buy something that is in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Lots of sites have in the search functions on the left, the ability to select "in stock only" from the list. For the rest, there is usually the ability to select "notify when in stock" in the description, probably the reason they leave not in stock items able to be viewed.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I think they are doing it just to be mean. Perhaps they have been bribed by Bloomberg and Biden to post more out of stock listings than in stock. It’s all part of a plan to demoralize us along with mask mandates and vaccination passports.
    We must stay strong and not let this get to us!

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    There's one particular uniform company that I was trying to order from, and nothing showed "Out of Stock." When I selected the item to go in my cart, however, a button came up to "Notify Me" when available. I find that even more aggravating than just letting me know not to waste my time by listing it "Out of Stock."

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Search engines like Google and Bing search sites for key words. If they remove all the sold out inventory their sites would show up in less searches. By leaving it there they get web traffic and know that once on their site you are likely to buy something else.

Top Bottom