Over and Under's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    Does anyone hunt/shoot clays/trap/skeet with an Over and Under? Any experiences with any particular brand or model?

I've just started looking into the O/U's for shooting skeet/trap. I'm not trying to break the bank, but we'll see whats up when I get to that point.

Beretta, Mossberg, Browning, Remington, Perazzi, or Ruger.

jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    I shot competition sporting clays for many years. I used a Beretta Silver Pigeon, and I personally would not shoot anything other than Beretta after what I have experienced and heard from other shooters. As far as "major brands" are concerned (Browning, Remington, Ruger, Winchester), I don't think Berettas have an equal. Just my $0.02

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I've seen some cheap OU's at Academy. Not saying they are great or will last forever, just an option for you. $400 to & $1100 dollar range.
    The OU's are pretty convenient on the skeet range. Sometime you can find a used one - my brother had 1 for 2 weeks. He bought a few shotguns & the OU was in the group. It didn't fit him.

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    i was in the market a few months ago for an over/under to use for skeet. i did a lot of research and settled on trying to find a lanber. i ended up with a lanber 2097 sporting model for about $725 including shipping and transfer fee. i added a couple aftermarket extended choke tubes and have been more than happy ever since. i have 900 rounds through it and not a single problem. i HIGHLY recommend searching around gunsamerica.com, gunbroker.com, and auctionarms.com for one.

bloencustoms

Individual Right
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2007
    Jefferson
    A couple of friends recently bought Franchi O/U guns. I liked them a lot. Seemed to be a great value for under $1,000. I went in search of one myself, and wound up bringing home a Weatherby Athena. Also very nice, but more expensive. It would be hard to say which is better.

lucky13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2007
    Lacombe, La.
    If your interested, I have a Weatherby Orion Upland 12 ga., 28" tubes, screw in chokes, Brand New never fired,great wood and bluing, in the box, price $1075.00, paid $1285.00 + tax 2 years ago, its been in the gun safe for that long, glenndaubert@charter.net

Top Bottom