paint a plastic AR Stock

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    I have a A2 stock that is in OD green I am setting up a AR like the M16 i carried on the army I want to paint it black any ideas or suggestions thanks in advance

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Duracoat aerosol is what I use for synthetic parts. Prepwork is key, as usual. Sand with about 220-grit, maybe a click finer than that, wipe down with denatured alcohol. Coat and let cure overnight before handling/reassembly.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    While I get that dollars add up, if you have all the other parts, the black stock itself isn't too expensive. AR15 Discounts has one for about $20 for just the stock (no buffer tube or screws). It's less than $30 with shipping. And if you happen to be a veteran, you can register with Verify Pass and get a 10% discount.

I know that doesn't answer your question but keeping as close to the original as possible may be more satisfying.

a2 stock.png

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    While I get that dollars add up, if you have all the other parts, the black stock itself isn't too expensive. AR15 Discounts has one for about $20 for just the stock (no buffer tube or screws). It's less than $30 with shipping. And if you happen to be a veteran, you can register with Verify Pass and get a 10% discount.

I know that doesn't answer your question but keeping as close to the original as possible may be more satisfying.

thanks for the info I went and ordered one under $30

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    thanks for the replies it was good I am keeping the Green one and ordered a Black one it was under $30 thanks for the help it would cost me almost that much if not more buy the time i brought everything

Top Bottom