Paintball players say cop beat them up

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lefty

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hattiesburg, MS
    damn, would not think you would have that much problem since paintball is so huge in louisiana, or at least it was about 3-4 years ago.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    Just curious, but I wonder if those boys got into a fight with each other and decided to blame it on the police? With that many patrol cars present, I doubt that the police would go so far as to beat up these boys. Any chance on a dash cam here, or is that only for traffic stops?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Just curious, but I wonder if those boys got into a fight with each other and decided to blame it on the police? With that many patrol cars present, I doubt that the police would go so far as to beat up these boys. Any chance on a dash cam here, or is that only for traffic stops?

Two kids got into a fight with each other then decided to buddy up and blame it on the cops?

kdick3

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So exactly when in the police academy do they teach you to knee 17 year old kids in the face for "wasting your time"? Is this typical Police Officer protocol? Or when did Janet Napolitano issue a Memo to be on the look out for 17 year old kids playing paintball? Because I must have missed it...

So now what happens? People read this story and stories like this and it leads to a fear of law enforcement. Is that what we want? Really? I thought law enforcement were supposed to be "Peace Officers".

Officers like this need to be relieved of their duties and thrown in jail.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    JPSO to discuss Marrero teens allegations that deputy beat them
    by The Times-Picayune
    Friday May 29, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand has scheduled a press conference this morning to discuss allegations that one of his deputies beat two Marrero teenagers Saturday while several other deputies watched.

The conference is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. at the main headquarters of the Sheriff's Office along the West Bank Expressway. No additional details about the event have been released.

James Shoulders, 17, and Khystian Thompson, 17, have said that a deputy beat them after several officers found the teens and two other friends shooting paintball guns at each other near a vacant apartment complex late Saturday night. The teens say they were handcuffed and beaten before being released with a summons. They received bruising and swelling during the incident, which included punches, kicks and strikes with a police baton, the teenagers said.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/05/jpos_to_discuss_alleged_beatin.html

kdick3

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So if the beating occured was it justified? I don't care if they were playing paintball in a hotel lobby. Did those kids deserve to be kneed in the face? And feel as if they were going to be beaten to death and left for dead?

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    Depends on circumstances. What if your 3 year old daughter would have gotten run over by them? Or if your 80 year old grandmother? Would you justify the beating you should give them? I know I would beat the F out of them. Or stand next to the cop cheering.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    It says it was an abandoned apartment complex so I think it'd be safe to assume that they were there because no one else was.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    The beating of handcuffed/detained persons should only occur by Federal agents/soldiers in an act to obtain information vital to national security.

lefty

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hattiesburg, MS
    What, the two kids playing paintball in an apartment complex or the cops doing what there parents should have been doing?

parents should be doing what??? the kids were playing paintball in a vacant apartment complex. would you rather them on the corner slinging drugs and firing real weapons????

kdick3

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Depends on circumstances. What if your 3 year old daughter would have gotten run over by them? Or if your 80 year old grandmother? Would you justify the beating you should give them? I know I would beat the F out of them. Or stand next to the cop cheering.

You would have beaten a couple kids for playing a game in an abandoned apartment complex?

fatboy_ace

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Shreveport
    One of the best comments I read.
    snappygirl said:
    As usual, posters here are making a judgement with very little info - much less actual details of the event. It's very easy to play either side of this issue:

Teens - They cuffed us then beat us.
    We were just minding our own business.
    We have 4 witnesses.
    We have bruises to prove that we were hit.
    The cops are covering for each other.
    JPSO - They resisted.
    The bruises were from the paintballs.
    We cuffed them till we sorted this out.
    The kids are covering for each other.

Take your pick. We don't yet know enough to bash either side.

Top Bottom