Palo Alto Rimfire Precision August Match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjt0311

Pocket Ninja
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    August 25th
    Palo Alto
    1393 Highway 943 North
    Donaldsonville, LA 70346

Match Times
    Check in starts at 7:30am
    Zero Range opens once all targets are setup
    Safety meeting at 8:45am
    Match starts at 9:00am

$20 per shooter
    (there is a sign up for match on practscore, search "Palo Alto" and its the one in Louisiana.
    This will be a rimfire (.22 Long Rifle ONLY) PRS style match.

10 stages from 50yards out to 300yards.
    send me a message if you have any questions!
    Cody

Last edited:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I have a few questions. Can anyone join in or is there some type of club affiliation that is needed? Do you need specialized gear or can a guy show up like Yusuf from Turkey and still be shown the ropes? What type of gear is recommended? Looking for something to keep myself occupied on weekends and this seems like it would be a fun time to learn some stuff

cjt0311

Pocket Ninja
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    anyone can join in the fun. tho using the range for other guns before or after the match would be a perk of members. however the gate is open on match day to allow the public to come for the match as we have people coming from all over. On the practice day 12-2 on the 2nd saturday the gate is normally locked but if i/we know you are coming i will be on the look out for you and come badge you in.

as far as gear goes:
    * any mag fed .22 rifle. (tube fed is not really looked at favorably as checking unloaded is a bit more of a process - tho doable)

*you are going to want a scope with adjustable turrets, as far as scope measurements a MIL (milliradian) scope is the most common but if you use a MOA (minute of angle) reticle i can speak that language too.

*bipod - we do shoot 1 or 2 stages prone. and used mostly to stage the rifle, while you can def shoot all the stages without a bipod, some engagements you would benefit from the use of the bipod.

*a rear bag - there are MANY to choose from but if you dont have one yet. i wouldnt buy one. come out and try ours. save yourself the money of experimentation, i used a sock with sand while in the Marines, mini bean bags and now one of the more popular ones is the Armageddon Gear's "schmedium" game changer

*quailty ammo - this is actually going to be the significant gate from a good/great match. CCI Standard velocity will get the job done. but you are going to have flyers, but it allows you to train/compete and understand the game/your gear with minimum ammo expense (and its available in MASS - which is huge) and some guns just do better with certain brands, random mystery to all.

the sport can be as big of a rabbit hole that you make it. there are $8k+ rigs in the sport and last year Zane Harmann won his 3rd NRL22 Championship with a Tikka T1X($650 rifle). gear can help but its going to be the shooter and fundamentals. But any path you choose....its a great time. We are currently not affiliated with the NRL22 nor the PRS tho we plan to join the PRS next year (think of them as coke and pepsi) same coin/different sides.

There are tons of things we can talk about within the sport and would be happy to do so.

TL;DR
    anyone is welcome
    you need a magizine fed .22 rifle with scope that perferably has adjustable turrents & bipod. grab some ammo out of the closet and come out.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom