Parental Monitoring software

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I don't need filtering software. I don't have to block access from websites. I need screen captures, key stroke monitoring, emails.

Not getting into the whole issue but this isn't a breach of privacy that I'm taking lightly. It's not just for giggles.

What I have found is site restriction and content blocking. I don't need that right this very minute.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Spector will certainly do what you are seeking the most seamless way, however it's not free and can be circumvented by a knowledgeable user.

If you want a free package that requires a (albeit steep) learning curve, I will point you in that direction via PM. It won't give you screenshots, but it will give you real-time capture of all data going to and from a computer without the user being aware.

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Another vote for Spector. I'm so glad I survived my youngest child's teenage years! It helped me stay a step ahead of her.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Price wasn't a big deal. I downloaded Spector and put it on stealth mode.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help here and in PM.

You'll be good until they figure out (or are told) they are being watched...but most kids don't think of new and ingenuous ways to circumvent security measures such as ***** ******* and **** **** ***** to bypass installed measures. Now, if you're up against a tech prodigy it's a whole different ball game LOL.

If for some reason you want more, uhhh, forensics or data logging in the future, I can get you set up with a whole bunch of stuff any time.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    This is a really bad idea!

Chad, how come? I won't get into much but this wasn't because I wanted to catch her at misbehavior. It was emotional and I was/am afraid of a depression I might have missed otherwise. Self harm or worse. I was looking for blog entries, emails, etc. Something her friends would know, or anonymous Internet comments. I wouldn't have to let her know I saw it but I could have better understood the direction I'd need to go.

I promised myself no matter what, I wasn't going to use anything I found "against" her. She's a good kid. Just struggling with something that she's keeping inside.

I installed Spector. It's been perfect.

Last edited:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Chad, how come? I won't get into much but this wasn't because I wanted to catch her at misbehavior. It was emotional and I was/am afraid of a depression I might have missed otherwise. Self harm or worse. I was looking for blog entries, emails, etc. Something her friends would know, or anonymous Internet comments. I wouldn't have to let her know I saw it but I could have better understood the direction I'd need to go.

I promised myself no matter what, I wasn't going to use anything I found "against" her. She's a good kid. Just struggling with something that she's keeping inside.

I installed Spector. It's been perfect.

That's a separate issue I just think those things cause more harm than good. My parents tried them years ago and it always backfired on them but I guess I'm tech-savvy. If you think she's depressed why not talk to her? Say she is, how's it going to go when she finds out her parents have been reading every single teenage conversation she's been having with all her friends and "boys" and whoever?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    That's a separate issue I just think those things cause more harm than good. My parents tried them years ago and it always backfired on them but I guess I'm tech-savvy. If you think she's depressed why not talk to her? Say she is, how's it going to go when she finds out her parents have been reading every single teenage conversation she's been having with all her friends and "boys" and whoever?

I know. I've tried. I talk daily.

My mother did the same kind of crap to me. Except she used it to nail me to the wall on every single thing she found. I agree. I hated it too. This was not something I arbitrarily decided "why not".

I don't disagree with anything you said. But I'm also struggling here too.

Top Bottom